Operations technology manager is responsible for leading key strategic activities related to IOT, Networking, Servers and systems with plant operations scope. This person functions as a project leader, team member, systems analyst, product manager and subject matter expert related to the above. The incumbent will be proficient in the following technologies:
SQL Server Windows OS Server backup systems Networking components and architecture Cabling standards and strategies Computer room hardware MES/Shopfloor systems
- Work with Plant, Manufacturing Engineering and Operations teams to understand needs, and scope projects.
- Review current processes, systems, and/or features and design/develop future state environment.
- Co-ordinate and support ongoing infrastructure implementation projects.
- Manage the deployment of LANs, WANs, Wireless networks, Routers, Firewalls and other plant network hardware and technology.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Interact with vendors, understand vendor offerings, assist in the creation of proposals, and assess vendor replies.
- Support and Co-ordinates incident resolutions. Provides technical and process guidance support for Incident response Teams.
- Lead plant infrastructure projects ensuring accuracy, redundancy, standard adherence and best practices
- Understand SSL protocols for connectivity and data security in motion and at rest
- Identify use cases that improve efficiency, quality and visibility throughout the manufacturing process
- Ensure data privacy standards are adhered to throughout its lifecycle
- Lead proofs of concept on new technology and transition those to the team for continuous improvement.
- Project Management - Ability to influence technical teams and business stakeholders, manage risks and issues
- Technology roadmap & strategy
- Technical and functional training
- Bachelor degree in related field.
- 5+ years working in IT systems that support manufacturing operations environment
- 5 years' experience leading projects or platforms
- Extensive Experience in networking principles
- Deep knowledge of Just In Time and batch manufacturing processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with team members at various levels,
- Ability to lead projects and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Familiarity with cloud technologies.
- Ability to exhibit empathy when interacting with various stakeholders
- Results-focused and quality driven work ethic
- CCNA, Netplus certifications preferred.
PRIMARY LOCATIONPlymouth COE
Adient is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.