This position will be responsible for performing assigned internal audit projects, reporting to the Regional Audit Manager. This responsibility includes performing internal audit procedures, which includes communicating results. This role will assist in the development of internal audit scope and preparing internal audit reports. Work performed will include financial and operational audits. In this role, you will evaluate internal controls, financial and management reporting, operational effectiveness and business systems.
As a global organization, this position provides exposure to all levels of management, working collaboratively with business units and audit team members.
- Execute and lead financial and operational audits, including functional, site-based and other specialized areas at all phases of the audit (planning, execution and reporting).
- Perform data analytics to identify unusual patterns or trends and investigate findings.
- Present and discuss audit findings to clients and internal audit management.
- Support audit program development activities to assess internal risks and controls; review and perform tests to ensure comprehensible documentation of audit work and findings.
- Document audit findings based on testing results, impact, audit recommendations, and management action plans.
- Demonstrate understanding and application of the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Build positive relationships with management across the organization to effectively deliver audit solutions and contribute to business success.
- Practice of Internal Auditing and the Internal Auditors Code of Ethics.
- Execute other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in accounting, external and/or internal audit function.
- Bachelor's degreein Business Management, Accounting, Finance or equivalent.
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions.
- Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other internal audit project team members.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management.
- Exhibit the leadership skills to convey ideas and obtain management buy-in for constructive changes.
- Understanding of internal auditing standards, COSO and risk assessment practices.
- Understanding of the technical aspects of accounting and financial reporting.
- Experience in performing multiple projects and working with varying team members
- Proficient in MS Office (excel, word, power point)
- Demonstrate critical thinking and strong attention to details
- Demonstrate ability to ensure achievement of objectives, meet commitments, and deliver on complex situations or problems
- Knowledge and experience in project management, multi-tasking, and data analytics
- Professional certifications (CPA, CFE, CMA or CIA)
- Advanced degree or MBA
- Prior industry experience is a plus
- Experience with SAP, Hyperion, and MFG/PRO
PRIMARY LOCATIONCentral Tech Unit Plymouth MI
Adient is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.