Join a diverse and dynamic team that makes and delivers the most valuable services in the world: electricity and natural gas. At Consumers Energy, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Our employees work around the clock to provide service to our customers in honor of our history and to fulfill our promise to Michigan - Count on Us! Consumers Energy, the principal subsidiary of CMS Energy and headquartered in Jackson, Michigan, provides natural gas and electricity to nearly 6.8 million of Michigan's 10 million residents in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties.
The Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) Division provides critical and quality engineering services for utility scale electric distribution and generation projects. The division supports technical work on projects ranging in scope from complete new electric system substations down to single I&C device modifications or replacement and includes smart/intelligent I&C devices on electric lines.
The Instrumentation & Controls (I&C) Engineering Technical Analyst performs complex analytical, technical, and administrative tasks related to engineering processes and workflows. These tasks include:
- Development, enhancement, maintenance, and documentation of software applications
- Supporting hardware and software integration of programmable / configurable devices, network devices, and legacy electrical devices across the electric system.
This position will also support the detailed design of multiple projects reflected in the design drawings produced by others within the I&C Division. The primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Develop, test and maintain software applications (VB.NET) for automated testing and configuration of integrated systems
- Develop and maintain documentation processes associated with integrated systems including; hardware, applications, protocols, detailed point lists and revision control.
In this role, you will utilize your positive attitude, strong work ethic and self-motivation to collaborate and communicate across a diverse environment of internal and external resources. You will need to be flexible and can adapt to changing technologies, industry trends and emerging regulatory requirements. Further, you should have a dedicated interest in application development, integration, connectivity design, networking, programming and configuration of intelligent electrical devices.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering / Electrical Engineering Technology, Computer Science or related technical field. Alternately an Associate of Science Degree combined with applicable experience will be considered (5 years- Electrical Engineering Technology) for placement within the Engineering Technical Analyst job family.
- The ideal candidate will have experience programming in a high-level object-oriented language (VB.NET is preferred) and the ability to learn new programming languages and skills.
The following skills and experience may set you apart:
- Prior MS Access, MS Excel, MS Word skills
- Prior experience with programmable/configurable devices, such as RTUs, PLCs, PACs, protective relays, regulator and recloser controls
- Prior experience with networking, connectivity and/or integration
- Prior experience with SCADA or Distributed Control Systems
This position is located in Jackson, MI, at the Parnall Road office.
Position will be filled at the appropriate salary grade based upon the skills, knowledge, and experience of the selected candidate.
All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against and will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected veteran status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.