Granger Construction is a leader in the construction industry and strives to Advance the Art of Building. By employing the most innovative people, technologies and techniques, we deliver projects that exceed owner expectations in regards to all facets of exceptional customer service.
We are seeking a Project Superintendent for a large project located in the Lansing, MI area. The Superintendent is a key on-site leader for the company and has the responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of all on-site construction activities, including those related to cost, schedule, quality, safety, and project close-out. The incumbent will have responsibility for projects ranging in size from $30-75+ million.
- Site Leadership: Partner effectively with the project manager; direct subcontractors daily; anticipate the needs of the Owner and proactively set up the project to realize and achieve those objectives.
- Cost: Establish a plan, set goals, and achieve sequenced construction activities; ensure work completed by trade subcontractors is within scope of work and is their responsibility; identify and track out of scope components and communicate effectively with the Project Manager to ensure resolution.
- Schedule: Partner with the project manager to prepare a complete project schedule and manage onsite activities; sequence work in an efficient manner and notify subcontractors well in advance; communicate the status of the schedule weekly to the project manager and all subcontractors.
- Quality: Work toward goal of a "zero punch list;" daily review progress of the project and ensure the established quality standards are being met; partner with subcontractors and discuss plan of action, in the event of deficient work.
- Safety: Partner with the company's corporate director of safety to establish an appropriate site safety plan, in the effect that is not staffed with a full time safety representative; enforce company safety requirements and hold abusers accountable accordingly; communicate and educate regularly regarding safety topics.
- Close-out: Partner with the project manager to develop a close-out/commissioning plan according to company procedures.
- Eight to ten years of successful construction supervision experience.
- Good verbal, written and listening communication skills.
- Assertive, highly motivated, organized and a self-starting individual.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, specifications and knowledge of how projects are constructed.
- Outstanding ability to work with and direct others.
- Must be a "make it happen" person.
- Effective with technology and the ability to learn new software programs quickly.
Granger Construction Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), wellness benefits, continuing education and training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Granger Construction Company maintains a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace.