Bekins is a continuously growing family owned company that first started in 1975 as Bekins Appliance Service. With three locations in West Michigan, we are now nationally known as a high-end retail and service company that sells, installs, and services appliances and electronics. We exist to be the best; challenging industry norms to do what’s right, and to make a positive difference in the lives of our employees, their families, our customers, and the community. Bekins' workforce has doubled in size over the last five years and we continue to look to hire the best.
Bekins is looking for a Supplier Relationship Manager who is excited to find new ways to motivate, measure performance, evaluate, and reward teams. This position requires strong leadership skills and the ability to develop and implement successful management strategies. The Manager will be a highly inventive team player, who is comfortable working in a dynamic environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient. This is an autonomous role and you need to be comfortable being independent and making decisions. This position will suit you if you have good interpersonal and presentation skills and management experience. You need to be self-directed and have organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Manage inventory levels of appliances and proactively control purchasing strategies
- Hold regular vendor meetings and work closely with the vendors on product purchasing and issues
- Execute departmental strategies including the design of work flow within the department to achieve department and company goals.
- Manage personnel including training, reviewing, developing and coaching. Deliver results through effective personnel management. Assure that employees receive necessary tools, feedback and developmental opportunities to meet goals and objectives.
- Promote a culture of safety, learning, and continuous improvement. Act as a role model.
- Set and keep accurate work schedules, calendars, and schedule boards for all employees in your department.
- Schedule and conduct regular department meetings.
- Handle matters expeditiously and proactively; follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Improve quality results by studying, evaluating and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Coordinate and collaborate with company employees to improve customer satisfaction.
- Care for your team. Desire to make a positive impact on them.
- Calmly and confidently find solutions to customer problems.
- Sense of urgency, pushes to get things done quickly.
- Process driven
- Organization; ability to create structures to support or accomplish a plan
- Passion for continual improvement and efficiency
- Professional and concise communication skills both verbal and written
- Willing to hold themselves and others accountable
- Minimum of 2-3 years of work experience as a Manager
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to develop and implement successful management strategies
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems with tact and diplomacy with strong decision-making capability
- Forward-looking, analytical thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Insurance (health, vision, dental, life) for full time Team Members
- 401k match
- Time off for major holidays
- Paid time off
- Short-term disability
- Employee Discount
Bekins provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.