Manufacturing Engineer - Direct Hire!
*Co. is a metal manuf. facility (stamping & other process); non-union, tier 1 & 2 supplier
The Manufacturing Engineer is required to perform a variety of routine engineering related functions in support of the manufacturing facility, including but not limited to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities with a focus on product quality and customer specific requirements.
- Evaluate manufacturing process capability based on customer specific requirements, quality acceptance criteria including APQP, and performance metrics such as efficiency, effectiveness, line speed, and throughput.
- Work with plant supervision, manufacturing, maintenance, and tooling associates to optimize facility layouts, production lines, machine operations, material flow, and process performance.
- Develop and improve manufacturing processes by studying product, process and manufacturing methods and researching new technology as applicable to plant manufacturing processes.
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by evaluating production, labor, and material costs, and determining equipment and process capacity based on review of production schedules and estimated future requirements.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge and expertise by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing professional networks and participating in professional societies.
- Assess product design drawings, GD&T designations, process and performance standards, and product fit and functions requirements.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with multidisciplinary teams.
- Adept at critical thinking with attention to detail for resolving complex issues such as troubleshooting, problem-solving, and determining problem resolution
- Ability to analyze failure modes, develop corrective actions, and implement process improvements.
- Project planning and management capability, including determining resource requirements and allocation.
- Commitment to quality, and familiarity with safety, environmental, MIOSHA and governmental standards.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications and AutoCAD.
- Participate in regularly scheduled Team meetings.
- Complete other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Interfaces with CFT Team on a regular basis (Systems Engineer, Quality Engineer, Project Engineer, Purchasing, and Account Executive)
- Interfaces and collaborates with customers, suppliers, and service providers as necessary.
Bachelors Degree in a scientific field preferred
Must have 5 years of related experience in metal manufacturing; additional education can be substituted for experience and vice versa.
Requires a good working knowledge of procedures, operating methods and managerial practices or a combination of education and experience that develops technical skills to perform routine assignments with proficiency.