Indiana Packers-Regional Sales Manager - Remote
Indiana Packers Corporation (IPC) is a fully integrated retail, foodservice and private label producer of fresh and processed meats based in Delphi, Indiana. Since the start of operations in 1991, we have experienced rapid growth from a single pork processing company into a multi-plant diversified producer of fresh and processed meats, with locations throughout America's Heartland and revenues of approximately $1.5B. We are best known for our national brand Kentucky Legend (the best-selling quarter-sliced ham in the United States) as well as a number of well-known regional brands, including Indiana Kitchen, Fischer's, Field, Mickelberry's, Kentuckian Gold, and Scott Pete. We now have processing facilities in Frankfort, Indiana; Holland, Michigan; and Owensboro, Kentucky.
We value diversity, innovation, collaboration and those passionate about their jobs. We support our associates by offering a total rewards package, including competitive pay, three different medical care plans (two with company-funded health savings accounts), pharmacy, dental, and vision plans, a retirement/401K (with 50% match on team members' contributions), a competitive paid time off program, educational assistance, and numerous advancement opportunities. With more than 3,100 team members located across 14 different states, we are a big company with a small company culture.
Our team helps feed the world! Are you ready to step up to the challenge of launching your career with Indiana Packers?
Reports To: Director of National Sales - Fresh Pork
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for driving business goals with assigned accounts. This position will work with a variety of established customers while being responsible for building new sales opportunities. The Regional Sales Manager will be influencing both internal and external customers to solve problems while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction. This position will also be responsible for creating options based on customer need, build the desire for and articulate our value proposition, and effectively manage each respective customer.
Key Priorities of Successful Candidate in First 12 Months:
Demonstrates margin growth across both the retail and food service channels. Demonstrates an acumen for people and process management. Participates in creating sales KPI's and develops tools to manage KPI performance. Demonstrates a consultative style relationship with sales managers.
- Collaborating with sales management to establish and execute regional sales goals
- Manage assigned sales territory in order to maximize sales revenue and meet or exceed company-set goals.
- Develop specific plans to manage and enhance or relationships with Foodservice buying groups, including rebate programs, food shows, and food show offers.
- Forecasting annual, quarterly and monthly sales goals
- Develop specific plans to ensure growth both long and short-term.
- Seek out and target new sales opportunities, initiate action plan to approach and secure new business.
- Develop and/or maintain and improve business relations with customer base.
- Gather regional sales information and formulate recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Manages Foodservice broker network and strategy, development of sales budgets, forecasting, customer promotions, and product introduction.
- Analyze sales data and additional market information to identify customer needs and potential sales volume.
- Communicate with cross-functional team including Marketing, Finance, and Operations to provide competitive information as well as field-based recommendations for future products margin improvements and initiatives.
- Knowledge of Product Line: Knowledge of specific pork products and associated development process and strategies.
- Sales Function: Knowledge of major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the sales business unit.
- Selling Knowledge of and ability to use diverse tools, tactics, and techniques to persuade a person to take desired actions.
- Sales Tasks & Activities: Knowledge of processes, tools, techniques, and theory behind selling the organization's goods & services.
- Knowledge of Customers: Knowledge of and ability to utilize past customer relationships, profiles, and information.
- Knowledge of Sales Channels: Knowledge and ability to coordinate multiple and diverse options for selling organization's goods & services.
- Effective communicator and negotiation skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Ag economics or related field or demonstrated equivalent knowledge and experience required. Master's in business, animal science or economics preferred.
- Minimum 10 years progressively responsible experience in Foodservice fresh or processed pork sales, pricing, and primal optimization in fresh pork.
- In-depth knowledge of the food service channel sales and strong history of customer relationship management, including a proven track record of building programs, maintaining new and existing business with strategic customers.
- Strong customer & broker management capabilities.
- Ability to use independent judgment, creativity, presentation skills, and problem analysis.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivated & goal-oriented
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task & prioritize work.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and business analytic tools.
Work Authorization: Must be able to pass E-Verify.
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
EOE, including Disability/Veteran.