Position: Registered Nurse
Reports To: DON
Schedule: PT, Night Shift
Position Location/Department: Emergency Department
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Organizational skills with an attention to detail.
• Team builder; willing and able to work shoulder to shoulder with other departments -leading by example.
• Create an environment of trust and mutual respect through interaction with team.
• Regularly participates in training and demonstrates proficiencies as required to deliver the expected quality of care
• Possess and demonstrate exceptional communication and problem solving.
• Sets expectations through applying measurable goals and objectives and holds team accountable for progress to goals and objectives.
• Able to meaningfully engage physician staff.
• Provides direct supervision of the assigned NACS. Directs their activities and task accomplishment during the shift
• Capable of applying new standards of care consistent with evidence-based care.
• Develop ways to improve and streamline patient flow and identify process improvement initiatives.
• Ensures inventory of supplies and medications working in conjunction with central supply, and pharmacy.
• Understand and apply hospital policy and procedures along with identifying ways to improve policies through experience and observation.
• Part of a team of enthusiastic nurses that strive to achieve and excel at providing the level care and patient (and family) service that will distinguish the function of the department.
• Understands Meaningful Use and is proficient with an electronic health record along with being able to train staff in its use for effective charting and charge capture.
• Seeks out and participates in professional development programs provided by the organization or through the nurse's own resources. Maintains high level of professional competency and is adaptive to the changing environment of nursing practices.
• Participates on committees as assigned for purposes of developing and implementing standards for quality of Nursing Services.
• Responsible to monitor use of supplies and services to maximize departments available resources based on budget planning. Ensures daily charges are captured and reported for hospital revenue.
• Ensures staff coverage and adjusts quickly to short notice staffing deficiencies.
• Adjusts work scheduling to meet organization needs and to ensure safe patient care staffing.
• Addresses patient concerns with patient care policies, protocol and procedures.
• Conducts annual evaluations on personnel as required and ensures annual competencies are completed within established timelines.
• Responsible for preparing occurrence reports in accordance with Risk Management protocol and policies whether they be patient, family, or visitor.
• Continually monitors patient satisfaction and investigates ways to improve the level of satisfaction.
• Demonstrates the ability to use all channels of communication to address concerns, problems, and conflicts with other departments. Implements and enforces the chain-of¬ command.
• Punctuality is a critical part of this position. Performs other duties, as directed by leadership including assisting other departments.
• Checking hospital email at least once per workday since primary source of communication.
• Will provide great customer service and maintain a positive attitude.