Continuous Improvement Lead
The Kraft Heinz Company is one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands and global sales of approximately $25 billion. We're a globally trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods for over 150 years. While Kraft Heinz is co-headquartered in Chicago and Pittsburgh, our brands are truly global, with products produced and marketed in over 40 countries. These beloved products include condiments and sauces, cheese and dairy, meals, meats, refreshment beverages, coffee, infant and nutrition products, and numerous other grocery products in a portfolio of more than 200 legacy and emerging brands.
We spark joy around mealtime with our iconic brands, including Kraft, Oscar Mayer, Heinz, Philadelphia, Lunchables, Velveeta, Planters, Maxwell House, Capri Sun, Ore-Ida, Kool-Aid, Jell-O, Primal Kitchen, and Classico, among others.
No matter the brand, we're united under one vision: To sustainably grow by delighting more consumers globally. Bringing this vision to life is our team of 39,000+ food lovers, creative thinkers, and high performers worldwide. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership with Rise Against Hunger. We also stand committed to responsible, sustainable practices that extend to every facet of our business, our consumers, and our communities. Every day, we're transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you share our passion - and are ready to create the future, build a legacy, and lead as a global citizen - there's only one thing to do: join our table and let's make life delicious!
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy & Collaboration
We're not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. We empower our people at every level - from entry-level intern to senior leader - to own their work. We share a responsibility to think like Owners - to be mindful of the collective and sustained success of Kraft Heinz - which we apply to every situation, every day. As part of Kraft Heinz, you're supported to grow and achieve. You're expected to bring your authentic self to work every day, to lead with humility, and drive outstanding performance at every level - and you'll be rewarded. You're given opportunities to leave a mark and build a legacy. But you won't do it alone. You're supported by passionate teammates along the way, and our collective, collaborative spirit fuels our incredible progress.
Under the direction of the Operations Manager and Continuous Improvement Manager and with the support of management staff, the employee will follow these job descriptions as it relates to the job title. The employee will own results for clean, inspect and lube, centerline management system, 5S system, integrity of process data and the Oscar scrap elimination system. This employee will actively participate in annual planning and daily meetings to support their designated processes.
This employee will lead data collection and transformation analysis, center line definition, and associated standard development. Develop control strategies to enable operators to respond to out of control situations. Leads root cause problem solving efforts on key chronic losses for the process. Coaches teams on CIL, CLM, 5S, FSQ, and KHMS execution. Coaches and develops teams by building problem solving skills within the process.
- 40 hours per week/8 hours daily/5 days pers week
- Works overtime as required
- Flexibility to adjust shift schedule to work with employees on other shifts as required
- (Work is indoors, Primary production floor is wet, Secondary locations are occasionally wet, seasonal climate)
- Must wear following PPE (Personal Protective Equipment): (bump cap/hard hat, safety glasses, slip resistant shoes, ear plugs)
- Be able to work standing/walking for at least 50% of their shift
- Be able to bend/twist/kneel
- Be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Facilitates the line loss analysis (waste elimination and yield improvement) and line throughput improvement plans
- Leads data collection and transformation analysis, centerline definition and associated standard development
- Analysis daily and shift line data to identify and prioritize loss elimination opportunities
- Participates in internal audit programs, food safety initiatives, and sanitary design considerations
- Spends time on the floor to gather information on stops, centerlines and changeovers over the past 24 hours
- Investigates initial root cause of top stops
- Assist in the development of the plan for the day for ownership areas
- Attend level 2 meetings, DDS meetings, and other meetings as necessary
- Establish countermeasures in plan for the day
- Ensure centerline completion and compliance. Create countermeasures on any deviations
- Works with Process Owner, and Maintenance Lead to address sporadic losses
- Lead PDCA initiatives to eliminate chronic losses for the line
- Manage centerline and Quality Daily Management Systems
- Comply with all established GMP's, Safety and Food Safety policies
- Assist in the implementation of the QRMP program and acts as trainer of new associates
- Flexibility to adjust to shifts to work with employees from all shifts as required
- Work with other departments to address issues as needed
- Meet AM Step 2 qualifications or demonstrate expertise in CIL, Basic Problem Solving (6W, 2H)
- Willingness to become Centerline Management System qualified within one month
- Willingness to become Green Belt qualified within one year
- Works overtime as necessary
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
- Frequent standing & walking required
- Prolonged periods working on feet and performing repetitive actions that entail frequent bending and stooping
- Lifting up to 50lbs
- Capable of learning intermediate Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft Word
- Strong planning/organizational skills and communication skills
- Ability to understand and coach management systems including but not limited to CIL, CLM and 5S
- Ability to understand and write WINs, SOPs and OPLs
- Can effectively lead RCFA events
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Bachelor's Preferred
- Yellow Belt or Green Belt Certified Preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
It is the continuing policy of The Kraft Heinz Company to afford full equal employment opportunity to qualified employees and applicants, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental handicaps, military or veteran status, sexual preference, or any other protected condition or characteristic in conformity with all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations.Final candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship. Exceptions requesting work visa sponsorship will be reviewed on a case to case basis.