Description The Director of Financial Planning and Analysis and Assistant Treasurer assists the Corporate Vice President of Finance and Treasurer in the direction and management of corporate FP&A, treasury, and shareholder services activity. You will be accountable for global cash management, foreign exchange risk management, shareholder services, and corporate FP&A, including ensuring that internal controls, policies, and procedures meet internal and external requirements and supporting corporate decision-making within these areas.
Why Join Us?
Our purpose is to design for the good of humankind. It's the ideal we strive toward each day in everything we do. Being a part of Herman Miller Group means being a part of something larger than your work team, or even your brand. We create places where people love to be, places that reflect who they are, places that truly matter to people. And our success allows Herman Miller Group to support causes that align with our values, so we can help create a more equitable and sustainable future for all.
Inside the Job
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the development of Board materials associated with treasury and corporate FP&A.
- Establishing and implementing policies and supporting ongoing activities related to the company's capital structure and financial flexibility, i.e., debt/equity structure, refinancing transactions, cash flow forecasting, dividend policy, and share repurchase activity.
- Establishing policies for the identification and strategic management of the company's financial risk related to interest rates and foreign currencies.
- Interacting on a regular basis with the Executive Leadership Team.
- Taking responsibility for the daily operations of the corporate cash management function to ensure the optimal use of cash, short term debt, and investment instruments.
- Taking responsibility for the shareholder services function (e.g., stock transfer agent relationship, stock administration, insider trade reporting, and the annual shareholder's meeting and proxy preparation).
- Directing the strategic financial planning process and preparing materials for review with executive leadership.
- Providing vision and continuous improvement around planning processes, including systems considerations.
- Selecting and overseeing investment managers and trustees for the company's defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans.
- Supporting investor relations, including presentation development and earnings release preparations.
- Coaching and mentoring team members, designing and delegating appropriate workloads, building development plans to ensure career success, and participating in succession planning activities
What You Bring
Needed skills and experience for this role include:
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. A Master's degree is preferred.
- An applicable certification - CPA, CMA, CEP, CTP, CCM (preferred).
- 10 years of professional finance or accounting experience.
- Five years of experience in a leadership position.
- Global finance experience (preferred).
- Experience working with capital/debt markets, bank financing, cash management, investment management, currency hedging, financial statement analysis, planning and forecasting, international treasury, shareholder services, and annual meeting/proxy experience.
- An ability to manage multiple activities ranging from strategic concepts to operational details.
- Strong relationship and consensus-building skills to manage projects in a complex matrixed environment.
- An ability to lead, influence, and work with all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated leadership competence as defined in Herman Miller's Leadership Skills and Behaviors.
- An ability to think strategically and execute tactically.
- Outstanding written/verbal communication skills and a proven capability to present complex concepts in a concise and understandable way to a variety of audiences, including the highest level of the organization.
- An ability to use a broad business acumen and holistic perspective to see the opportunities and risks of potential trade-offs.
- Excellent coaching, mentoring, and people development skills.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs. They describe how we live our purpose through the way we lead, the way we see one another, and the way we approach our work.
We are difference-makers reflects our commitments to creating places that matter, to being a good neighbor in our communities, and to using business as a force for good.
We are all extraordinary is our statement about the worth of individuals and our commitment to help everyone reach their full potential.
We are better together demonstrates how challenging one another, making room for everyone, and working and winning as one makes us stronger.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone who wants to do great work and be part of a winning team. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We're committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.
Employee Status: Regular
Work Schedule: 8am-5pm
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Holland