Description You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Retail Systems Product Manager at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Retail Systems Product Manager, you'll help create, develop, and execute Herman Miller Group's digital strategy across multiple digital products in our Retail structure. You will perform product owner responsibilities related to an assigned product portfolio, which includes inventory, purchasing, delivering, and service products in order to maximize revenues and profitability and meet user needs. You will be a key factor in enabling growth in digital experiences for our consumer clients.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Clearly articulate the product roadmap, vision, priorities, and requirements to multiple partners in written and oral formats.
- Gather and incorporate feedback from a diverse range of partners, including the Digital, Technology, Engineering, Analytics, Platform, Business, and Legal teams.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams on internal and external bugs and feature improvements.
- Collaborate with technical leads to envision and prioritize system architecture and workflows, using advanced analytics and qualitative research to support your point of view.
- Define product features and requirements and lead the implementation of new digital products and/or digital product updates.
- Ensure all necessary user acceptance, performance, and post production testing is conducted and documented according to Herman Miller testing guidelines.
- Evaluate the performance of existing products, lead meetings to surface issues, identify fixes, and advance product capabilities.
- Identify opportunities and trends from the digital marketplace, analyzing relevant vendors and keeping an eye toward our competitive landscape.
- Manage vendor and stakeholder relationships, working with customers, stakeholders, and internal teams to create and customize products and providing clear communication to stakeholders while adjusting expectations and setting priorities.
- Own the day-to-day accountabilities for the end-to-end lifecycle of sophisticated products, from conception through launch.
- Strategize and execute on growth initiatives in operating live products and capabilities.
- Effectively lead the prioritization and delivery of product backlog and roadmap.
- Perform a senior product owner role on a product team that supports point-of-sale, enterprise resource planning, warehouse management systems, order management systems, and their components.
- Perform a Work Team Leader role as necessary, including determining and maintaining appropriate staffing levels, supporting employee development and performance reviews, and maintaining a positive employee relations environment.
- Research and maintain knowledge of emerging technologies and make recommendations for how they may optimize current business practices.
- Translate business rules and understand how the rules are applied within the various system workflows.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's Degree in IT, Business, Retail Management, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Eight years of experience in product or delivery management, preferably within retail.
- Four years of experience participating in functional strategic planning for multiple digital products, performing digital product owner duties, using team scrum/agile development techniques (continuous deliver, field trials) and tools for team collaboration, testing products, tracking issues, and managing backlog.
- A passion for and understanding of digital products and retail marketplaces.
- Experience in requirements analysis and definition.
- A deep understanding of the contemporary digital ecosystem.
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence decision making and creative concepts.
- A history of delivering consistent results with a high attention to detail.
- The ability to use the office automation, communication, software, and tools in the Herman Miller office environment.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.
Employee Status: Regular
Work Schedule: 8am-5pm
Primary Location: United States