Join a diverse and dynamic team that makes and delivers the most valuable services in the world: electricity and natural gas. At Consumers Energy, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Our employees work around the clock to provide service to our customers in honor of our history and to fulfill our promise to Michigan - Count on Us! Consumers Energy, the principal subsidiary of CMS Energy and headquartered in Jackson, Michigan, provides natural gas and electricity to nearly 6.8 million of Michigan's 10 million residents in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties.
The Residential Demand Response team resides in the Demand Side Management (DSM) department within the CX Organization. The DSM team acts as 'Product Owners' of various demand side management products, collaborating with internal and external business partners, such as the Retail Hub (Marketing, Data Analytics and Sales), Regulatory Affairs and Energy Supply to achieve enrollment targets, ensure financial viability of the products, optimize demand reduction and the customer experience, and set the product long term strategy.
- Program design, implementation, management and coordination of demand response customer programs to deliver aggressive demand response goals.
- Emphasis will be placed on program strategy development, implementation, coordination, project and stakeholder management, and analyzing results to optimize performance.
- Negotiate and administer contracts with energy service providers, competitive retailers and other key channel partners to optimize program results.
- Address and resolve customer, manufacturer, retailer, and business partner issues and concerns using sound judgment and decisiveness while maintaining productive working relationships.
- Collaborate with internal business partners such as Energy Supply, Rates, IT, Regulatory
- Write DR Reconciliation Case and ERC testimony, meet with MPSC Staff to discuss topics pertaining to program delivery
- Ability to balance day to day demands of the present with strategic vision for the future
- Ability to lead a matrixed team of cross-functional members
- Day-to-day program management responsibilities will include implementation contractor oversight, metrics tracking, project financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting, issue resolution.
- Bachelor's degree engineering, business administration, marketing, information technology or other relevant discipline or equivalent combination of education & experience
- 5+ years of professional experience managing programs/projects, marketing goods and/or services and in-depth knowledge of customer issues, energy processes and end-use technologies.
PREFERRED: The following skills will set you apart from others:
- Experience with the successful development and implementation of comprehensive business plans including a business environment review, target market assessment and detailed delivery strategies and tactics.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills with the ability to assemble and lead cross- functional internal and external teams in the successful completion of major projects are essential.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and passion for innovation; ability to tactfully challenge the status quo
- Ability to balance the demands of the present with the need to think strategically for the future
- Knowledge of Business Plan Deployment and experience implementing it.
- A background in IT, SAP and website development, customer billing, rates and project management will be helpful.
- Exceptional project management skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, tasks and resources.
- Problem-solving skills, including the ability to develop and evaluate complex engineering alternatives/financial scenarios as well as implement them
During this time of uncertainty, we are committed to ensuring the safety and health of our communities and co-workers. We are using new and innovative ways to interview and onboard new employees remotely at this time. This role will be work-from-home until our leadership team has determined it's safe to resume work in the office.
HOURS AND TRAVEL
Meet travel requirements of the position. Work a flexible schedule, which may include evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee must lift and move up to twenty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Internal (employee) applicants must be in his/her current position for a minimum of twelve months to be eligible for this
vacancy, unless otherwise approved by his/her Officer.
Position will be filled at the appropriate salary grade based upon the skills, knowledge, and experience of the selected candidate.
All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against and will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected veteran status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.