Join a diverse and dynamic team that makes and delivers the most valuable services in the world: electricity and natural gas. At Consumers Energy, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Our employees work around the clock to provide service to our customers in honor of our history and to fulfill our promise to Michigan - Count on Us! Consumers Energy, the principal subsidiary of CMS Energy and headquartered in Jackson, Michigan, provides natural gas and electricity to nearly 6.8 million of Michigan's 10 million residents in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties.
The Creative Hub Director will manage the creative assets within the Co-Worker Connections team. This includes a staff of writer/editors/videographers/designers who are inspired to design and develop content (articles, graphic design elements and videos) to be used to connect with all company co-workers on all media platforms (intranet, app, newsletters, daily news; digital signage).
Specifically, the Director will:
- Lead a team to who is the creative agency for the Co Worker Connections team and will consult across Co Worker connections team to develop, design, deliver and inspire creative strategies and content. Content will be on topics ranging from company performance, news and fun campaigns to connect co workers to changes and events.
- Partner and consult with the Director of Culture to develop creative approaches in support of the organizations strategies to connect with all co-workers statewide.
- Serve as an advocate to re-think traditional communication methods and develop and design stories to capture the culture, hearts and minds of all to advance the co-worker experience.
- Develop creative process and intake approach to manage team's work
- Lead consulting methods and approach across the Connections team to push thinking and traditional methods to inspire magical connections and experiences.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to lead a team of inspired and creative talent
- Ability to develop processes where work can happen while inspiring creative license and freedom
- Role model for our culture values
- Working leader, able to bring your own creative genius to the work
- Colleague and co-leader across the connections team who can partner and co-create and develop with other leaders
- Able to find a way to "yes" in work requests in a fast-paced team
- Ability to negotiate with C-level requests and deliver high quality and inspired work
- The ability to maximize and leverage relationships to help achieve goals
- Exceptional design, storytelling and experiential capabilities
Bachelors Degree in an applicable field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
8 or more years of related experience
This position will be remote/virtual until it's deemed safe to return to the office. At that time, we anticipate occasional travel to Jackson, Michigan.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee will be using a computer and the associated keyboard and mouse. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to low.
Hours and Travel
Maintain regular, predictable and punctual attendance during regularly scheduled work hours at assigned worksite. Meet travel requirements of the position.
Position will be filled at the appropriate salary grade based upon the skills, knowledge, and experience of the selected candidate.
All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against and will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected veteran status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.