Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Essential Food Processing
Conagra Brand Foods, Vlasic, located in Imlay City, Michigan, has an opportunity to meet regular production demand in the role of Process Room Attendant/Outside Feed (PR Attendant). The PR Attendant is normally required for full-time hours plus daily/weekend overtime as scheduled. The hourly rate of pay is $14.97/hr., 2nd shift premium of $0.25 (if applicable) as well as eligibility for employee benefit package.
The PR Attendant will be required to utilize forklift and heavy equipment and will receive OSHA required training and industry specific training. PR Attendant must know how to perform the job properly and safely as demonstrated by workplace evaluation. The PR Attendant is responsible for maintaining expected level of task completion in a safe manner and maintaining the highest quality at all times.
The PR Attendant is responsible for desalting cucumber salt stock for production. The attendant will work closely with the Agriculture and Quality Department.
- Learn to operate bulk unloading system to identify/resolve operational, manufacturing and maintenance issues; maintaining proper stock flows and minimizing production delays
- Must have the ability to perform heavy labor as required including heavy lifting in excess of 50lbs and must be able to climb stairs
- Work safely and participate in training specific to safe forklift operation ensuring actions are consistent with and support plant safety goals and procedures
- Collaborate extensively with other staff and work closely with other departments including Quality, Agriculture, Maintenance and Operations
- Ability to work outdoors, primarily during the months April-November
- Display good work ethic, resourcefulness, and organization
- Adapt to changing situations and be able to establish priorities
- Complete and maintain paperwork in a neat an orderly fashion
- Follow standard work procedure and good manufacturing practices
- Work accurately with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbalcommunication skills
- Practice consistent and reliable attendance
- Available to work different shifts and overtime including weekend
- Ability to assist team members, demonstrating leadership through training and directing others
- Ability to successfully coordinate several activities concurrently.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Prior leadership experience preferred
- Forklift experience
- Basic math skills
- Heavy Labor lifting up to 50lbs
- Ability to climb, sit, twist and reach constantly
- Ability to push/pull and walk and frequently
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
Conagra Brands, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.