You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Generative Design Business Development Manager at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Generative Design Business Development Manager, you'll lead strategic business and forecasting discussions with regional leadership and dealer principles to facilitate the achievement of sales goals, establish new accounts, and grow existing customer sales. You will partner with the local Sales team and dealers to achieve effective relationships and results. You'll create, implement, and refine program strategies that highlight and educate internal and external business partners how Compass Generative Design can differentiate Herman Miller Group in the sale of products and services, which drives a preference for the Herman Miller Group family of brands.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
Sound Like You?
- Define the commercialization strategy for Compass, including, but not limited to: target audiences, use cases, monetization strategy, metrics, etc.
- Provoke key leaders/decision makers interest in the Herman Miller Platform of Services (Compass) through a meaningful demonstration of the capability within targeted accounts.
- Coach customers on the strategic application of Compass to drive business development and operational efficiencies.
- Enable targeted sellers to apply the Compass capabilities in support of targeted selling engagement strategies.
- Act as the primary liaison between independent/owned dealers and Compass product team.
- Advocate the perspective of customers to Compass product team to ensure alignment of priorities and user experience.
- Drive the current Compass opportunity pipeline.
- Actively participate in team-based selling activities.
- Transfer knowledge to internal and external audiences by contributing to case studies, white papers, published articles, and presentations, and serve as keynote speaker in your area(s) of expertise.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
Who We Are
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Design, Technology, or a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced experience in new business development and client relationship building, typically gained through five years of working in roles that include selling contract goods, business development, technology as a service, dealer operations, and strategic account management.
- Some knowledge of Herman Miller products, services, and culture, as well as the ability to distinguish Herman Miller products and services from the competition.
- Advanced selling skills, including qualifying prospects, lead generation, new business development, account penetration, strategic selling, conceptual selling, issues-based selling, consultative selling, negotiation, and contracts (closing).
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to collaborate and negotiate.
- The ability be an assertive self-starter with the self-confidence and ability to represent Herman Miller in a professional manner.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment at all levels of the organization and to build long-term relationships with customers and partners.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with a strong emphasis on listening.
- High personal performance standards, the desire and ability to continuously learn, and a results-oriented workstyle.
- A high level of integrity and business ethics.
- Financial literacy and business acumen.
- Expertise within a dealer environment with sales planning capabilities.
- A willingness and ability to travel.
- The ability to use the office automation, communication, software, and tools in the Herman Miller office environment.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions with or without accommodations.
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.