LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (LPN)
Full-time, Non-Exempt Position
ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION MUST BE SUBMITTED BY THE CLOSING
DATE OR THE APPLICANT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR EMPLOYMENT
? Completed Keweenaw Bay Indian Community application
? Current Resume’
? Cover Letter
? Minimum of three (3) Letters of Recommendation
? Copy of current Michigan LPN Licensure
? Copy of LPN Degree/Transcripts
? Copy of valid Michigan driver’s license
? Must provide a satisfactory Child Abuse/Neglect Central Registry clearance from the Michigan Department of Health & Human Services
? If you are American Indian, you must attach a copy of tribal enrollment or proof of descendency
? If you are a Veteran, you must attach a copy of your DD214
POSITION: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Full-time, Non-exempt position
LOCATION: KBIC Health System
Baraga, Michigan 49908
SUPERVISORY CONTROL: Lead RN
SALARY: minimum starting wage = $19.00/hour
- Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing with LPN degree.
- Must maintain Michigan LPN licensure along with continuing education (CE) credits.
- Previous office nursing experience preferred.
- Computer skills required.
- Must possess a valid Michigan driver's license and be insurable to operate fleet vehicles.
- Must know about Electronic Health Records (EHR).
- Must be able to obtain a satisfactory clearance in accordance with the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act Background Investigations Policy.
- Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory result of a Security Background Check, pre-employment drug testing, and pre-employment physical.
MANDATORY ANNUAL REQUIREMENTS:
- CPR Training
- Universal Precautions
- TB Skin Test
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Preference will be given to qualified individuals of American Indian descent.
VETERAN PREFERENCE: Preference will also be given to qualified Veterans who do not have bad conduct or dishonorable discharges (need DD214).
- Greets and interviews patients, obtain new patient history (including verifying current medications at each visit) and obtains vital signs as required.
- Obtains test results for the doctor to review during the visit.
- Prepares examination rooms for receiving patients.
- Assists the medical provider in the examination of the patient.
- Assists the medical provider directly in minor surgical procedures done in the office.
- Prepare, maintain, organize, and sterilize examination rooms, including sterilizing and maintaining medical equipment.
- Inventories medical supplies and materials; submit orders as requested by supervisor.
- Schedules appointments, maintain medical records and performs medical office clerical tasks (including triaging phone calls) as necessary.
- Calls other facilities or providers to schedule patients for tests, as needed.
- Completes injections, treatments, collets samples, and completes routine laboratory tests when ordered by medical personnel and as qualified to complete.
- Administers ordered medications, immunizations, and other medical services, as required.
- Documents patient information utilizing the Electronic Health Record (EHR) system.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality and adheres to HIPAA guidelines.
- Uses Universal Precautions, including appropriate personal protective equipment for anticipated contact with bodily fluids and other infections materials.
- Actively participates in continuing education, required meetings, and committees as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
This position announcement summary is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks which will be required of this position and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of the position will be. It is not intended to limit or modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of this position, nor to exclude other similar duties not mentioned. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level difficulty.
Closing Date: December 11, 2020 @ 4:00 PM or until filled