Herman Miller's Summer Internship Program is a paid, 12-week opportunity that provides a 100% real-world experience for students early in their careers. Throughout the summer you will apply academic learning to real-world situations and cultivate leadership, problem-solving, and communication skills.
You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work at Herman Miller as a Supply Chain Systems Intern and make both.
Why Join Us?
Our purpose is to design for the good of humankind. It's the ideal we strive toward each day in everything we do. Being a part of Herman Miller Group means being a part of something larger than your work team, or even your brand. We create places where people love to be, places that reflect who they are, places that truly matter to people. And our success allows Herman Miller Group to support causes that align with our values, so we can help create a more equitable and sustainable future for all.
What You'll Do
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting existing data analysis and visualization tools
- Bringing disparate data sets together to support further analysis
- Creating new reports, workflows, and dashboards that support data-driven decision making across the supply chain
- Capturing process designs, identifying areas for improvement, and executing improvements for key procurement workflows
- Decreasing functional redundancies and identifying opportunities for scalability and streamlining across global supply chain systems
- Working with a cross-functional team to complete an intern project
- Gaining on-the-job work experience aligned with your career goals.
- Performing additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business goals
Sound Like You?
Needed skills and experience for this role include:
- Ability to learn new applications quickly
- Strong communications skills and the ability to works cross-functionally
- Enrollment and pursuit of a four-year Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, or IT or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Must be in favorable academic standing within the current academic program or major
- A GPA of at least 3.0 (cumulative or within your major) is needed to qualify for consideration
- Ability to provide college transcripts upon request
- Must have satisfactorily completed basic coursework in chosen degree program
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use office automation, communication, software, and tools currently used in the HMI office environment
- Ability to perform all essential functions of the position with or without accommodations
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Our values speak to our shared beliefs. They describe how we live our purpose through the way we lead, the way we see one another, and the way we approach our work.
We are difference-makers reflects our commitments to creating places that matter, to being a good neighbor in our communities, and to using business as a force for good.
We are all extraordinary is our statement about the worth of individuals and our commitment to helping everyone reach their full potential.
We are better together demonstrates how challenging one another, making room for everyone, and working and winning as one makes us stronger.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone who wants to do great work and be part of a winning team. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We're committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.