You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work at Herman Miller as a Co-Op - NE Operations Engineering and make both.
About this Opportunity
Under direct supervision, responsible for applying basic engineering theories/concepts to routine assignments in support of business objectives. Responsibilities may include conducting feasibility studies, determining manpower and cost estimates, and developing engineering criteria. May apply knowledge of other disciplines in solving basic technical issues. Emphasis will be placed on team participation, ability to plan, and ability to achieve results on assigned projects.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as someone who . . .
- Applies engineering approaches to projects/assignments.
- Provides daily support to manufacturing engineering operations and project work aimed at improving operations' safety, quality, and cost.
- Assists in the implementation of new or emerging engineering concepts and technologies.
- Completes basic and broad-based assignments, using originality and ingenuity.
- May participate in cross-functional project teams in a technical engineering role.
- May support multiple projects in various phases, simultaneously.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Reviews processes and operations that involve fundamental engineering applications.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have . . .
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Engineering through an accredited program and good mechanical aptitude.
- 0-1 years of engineering experience with proven competency in achieving results.
- Exposure to project management concepts may be essential for some assignments.
- Basic knowledge of Lean principles and application. May be required to process concepts to determine where continuous improvement opportunities exist.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with people at various levels including production, engineering, and management, and be able to work well with and develop a partnering relationship with other team members.
- Basic knowledge in the use of common office automation/communication software and tools, and engineering-related software.
- Must have basic problem-solving abilities and critical thinking skills.
- At the direction of supervision must be able to effectively react to changing priorities and workflow and be able to anticipate, recognize, and respond effectively to changes that affect project plans.
- Must have an overall basic business sense and understand how decisions impact business results.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high-quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.