- Operating a variety of vehicles;
- Applicable tools and equipment;
- Methods of performing standard repairs;
- Vehicle maintenance requirements;
- Safe work methods and practices.
- Operating vehicles;
- Utilizing variety of hand and power tools and equipment;
- Performing standard repairs;
- Cleaning and maintaining vehicles and equipment;
- Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, and others sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of forces constantly to move objects.
Incumbents may be subjected to mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibration, fumes, odor, dusts, gases, poor ventilation, extreme temperatures, intense noise, and travel.