Material Handling Solutions Consultant - Operations Planner - PCK415-9100
Company: Dematic Corporation
Location: MI - Grand Rapids
Req ID: 47079
Position Title: Material Handling Solutions Consultant - Operations Planner
Experience Level: Mid Level
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Travel Required: Yes
Dematic is a global engineering company that provides a comprehensive range of intelligent warehouse logistics and materials handling solutions. With a global knowledge network of more than 4,000 skilled logistics professionals, Dematic is able to provide customers with a unique perspective in world-class materials handling solution design. Our commitment to solution development, combined with engineering centers and manufacturing plants in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific, ensures Dematic has the range and capability to provide reliable, flexible, cost-effective solutions globally. Our successful track record has led to the development and implementation of more than 5,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium, and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors. Dematic generates a global business volume of approximately $1.3 billion.
Dematic is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
Dematic Corp. has an immediate need for a Consultant (Ops Planner) in our Grand Rapids, MI office. The business title is Material Handling Solutions Consultant - Operations Planner. The Ideal candidates should have 5+ years experience working with the application of material handling solutions including mechanical design and machine control with an understanding of warehouse control software and operational considerations. This role involves building customer relationships, setting strategy, developing solutions, and developing financial models to sell “best in class” solutions to Dematic customers.
Job Family Specific Responsibilities:
* Works on multiple projects, some with assistance from others but often conduct small to mid sized projects without assistance.
* Performs analysis of customers' business requirements and develops solutions to meet or exceed customers' needs. Conducts or oversees the development of proposal documents.
* Estimates time frames, quality and quantity of resources required to successfully implement very complex project; develops project plan incorporating all project variables.
* Conducts periodic status checks with customer and team to assess progress against plan.
* Prepares weekly status reports on all project activities.
* May develop pre-sales support activities as needed.
* Collects data that accurately represents customer requirements.
* Accurately, clearly and concisely displays design requirements.
* Determines methodology for collecting, analyzing and summarizing data critical to design.
* Uses written descriptions, spreadsheets, charts, and material flow diagrams skillfully.
* Stay abreast of current / future operating strategies and technologies by attending industry conferences, seminars, etc.
* Understands customer's operations thoroughly.
* Develops a wide range of concepts that meet or exceed the Design Criteria. Concepts may range from manual to fully automated solutions.
* To facilitate concept understanding, uses drawings and sketches skillfully.
* Evaluates concepts and recommends the best solution. Skilled in using evaluation techniques ranging from simple "pro and con" comparisons to sophisticated Return on Investment (ROI) calculations.
* Produces a Design Report that professionally summarizes the project.
* Thoroughly understands the practices, methodologies and requirements of the Supply Chain Solutions Department and serves as advisor to all group members.
* May be exposed to next level of duties and responsibilities.
Performs advanced areas of work for the professional field. Applies advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently. Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems.