Summary of Functions:
Responsible for prescribed maintenance on equipment, troubleshooting issues on the production floor as well as installation new equipment and fixtures. This position is also responsible for repairs to equipment and fixtures as needed.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Embraces and advances Medbio’s Mission, Vision and Values while fostering a team-first, positive culture
- Perform preventive maintenance per equipment manufacturers recommendations
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment issues. Determine root causes for failures and implement 5 year fixes.
- Carefully follow all specifications, department procedures, and ISO/GMP regulations and provide complete, accurate documentation in support of those regulations
- Support production and engineering with projects
- Support department goals and objectives as well as participate in advancing them
- Attend requisite product, process, or equipment training, which sometimes may be off-site
- Perform advanced maintenance and/or troubleshoot production fixtures as needed
- Assemble/disassemble injection molding machines as required for repairs/maintenance
- Work with vendors to acquire the appropriate replacement parts for equipment
- Maintain spare parts inventory for molding machines and support equipment
- Maintain proper records regarding machine maintenance
- Clean screw and barrel assemblies as required
- Respond to off-shift calls and offer support as needed
This position will directly report to the Manufacturing Technology Leader. There will be frequent interaction with Engineering and Production personnel
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in an injection molding production environment with preference on Arburg machines.
- Experience with molding support equipment such as TCUs, material dryers, material mixers and hot runner controls.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Can perform simple operations on general shop equipment (drill holes, use of band saw, etc.)
- An orientation toward process improvements
- Able to read and write fluently as well as read basic blueprints and dimensional callouts
- Some experience in troubleshooting/repair of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Have knowledge of all tools and devices associated with maintaining injection molding equipment
Must be able to work a standard 40 hour workweek with occasional overtime including weekends as a possibility. Sitting and/or standing for an extended period of time as well as some walking within the facility. Must be able to see with or without corrective lenses and distinguish color differences and depth perception for product and safety issues. Hearing ability should be sufficient to hear and react to audible alarms from distances up to 100 feet. The ability lift and carry various items up to 70 pounds.