About this Opportunity
As a member of the Herman Miller Food Service team, you will assist with culinary and service with a focus on the team goal of providing customers an experience where food, service, cleanliness, and surroundings are exceptional quality. You'll work with the team to provide customers an excellent dining experience by contributing to food preparation, paying attention to detail, and ensuring freshness of products, matching the set pace of work, and pitching in where required to ensure the smooth functioning of the kitchen, dining services, and facility.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you . . .
- Handle the proper rotation of perishable foods to ensure freshness of product and eliminate waste.
- Help plan meals and special events.
- Keep the kitchen clean and in excellent order.
- Keep the storeroom clean and organized.
- Maintain verbal and written communication with the Chef regarding departmental concerns.
- Prepare breakfast, lunch, break food, dinner, and special events.
- Put away and collect stock when necessary.
- Use food wisely with minimal amount of waste.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have . . .
- A high school diploma or equivalent (GED), or work experience which demonstrates performance competency.
- Two years of culinary arts experience of five years of restaurant cooking experience.
- The ability to move and lift equipment and boxes.
- The ability to work independently without immediate supervision.
- The ability to function as part of a team and be dependable and cooperative.
- The ability to lift 50 pounds.
- The ability to bend, twist, and stand for periods of up to 10 hours.
- The ability to use the office automation, communication, software, and tools in the Herman Miller office environment.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.