Description About this Opportunity
As a Food Service Utility, you'll maintain kitchen work areas and keep equipment and utensils clean and orderly.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Assist with catering tables and front of house set up.
- Help load, unload, and deliver supplies and product.
- Maintain the kitchen floor including sweeping and mopping to comply with safety and sanitation standards.
- Comply with outlined sanitation and safety requirements.
- Distribute supplies, utensils, and portable equipment.
- Remove trash and place it into designated containers.
- Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
- Wash worktables, walls, refrigerators, meat blocks, and other food prep surfaces.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A high school diploma or equivalent (GED), or work experience which demonstrates performance competency.
- Two years of experience in a restaurant environment or commercial kitchen.
- The ability to deliver service standards on a consistent basis.
- The ability to regularly lift serviceware or supplies up to 50 pounds.
- The ability to bend, twist, and stand for periods of up to 10 hours.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.
Employee Status: Regular
Work Schedule: 7am-3pm
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Spring Lake