One Twenty Three Tavern is looking for an organized, collaborative, and energetic Front of House Manager to help lead our front of house team at One Twenty Three Tavern in downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
One Twenty Three Tavern is a state-of-the-art facility with a full kitchen and bar, and is adjacent to Celebration Cinema Studio Park, Listening Room, as well as multiple retail shops, office building, hotel and Studio Lofts apartments. In this role, you will partner with the leadership team to help oversee the day-to-day front of house operations while delivering the ultimate dining and employment experience.
Studio C exists to create space where story happens. Whether it’s at one of our cinemas, consumer shows, our restaurant or music venue, we want our guests to leave with an unforgettable story. We are intent on creating an unparalleled guest experience, a healthy and profitable business while always striving to have a meaningful impact on the communities we serve.
If you are a dynamic leader with proven ability to build a strong, fun and celebrated culture, we encourage you to explore this opportunity and begin your next chapter with us!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assisting to execute restaurant business plan and meeting financial objectives
- Attracting, and engaging patrons, ensuring the highest level of “celebrated” service is provided to maintain patron satisfaction
- Promotes respect, community, and inclusion among peers and team members.
- Oversees adherence to company, state, and federal laws and policies, with an emphasis on ensuring a safe, secure, and healthy facility.
- Oversee, motivate, develop, and maintain a positive relationship with front of house staff
- Maintaining consistent communication and good working relationship with leadership team (i.e. General Manager and Assistant General Manager)
- Working knowledge of various computer programs (i.e. MS Office, POS, Outlook, Vista)
- Experience in managing and writing schedules for 25-30 employees
- Ability to work rotating shifts during the week to motivate staff, timeliness, and adherence to standards
- Other duties as assigned by management
QUALIFICATIONS and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2 year of Leadership/Management experience required
- Certifications for Food Safety and alcohol management required
- Able to work under pressure
- Can thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Friendly, outgoing, and a team player
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required
- Ability to be on your feet and active for 8 or more hours, climb stairs, lift up to 50lbs, and use basic cleaning equipment
- Flexible Schedules
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, Life, PTO, 401k and Long Term Disability - must meet eligibility requirements
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Movies and Discounted Concessions!
- A fun, friendly, and encouraging culture in an exciting industry with endless popcorn refills!