Purpose & Scope:
Maintains, tests, repairs electrical/electronic, and Scale devices. This position applies knowledge of electrical/electronic and Scale Calibration principles to insure consistent reliable operation of the technical equipment within and around a production area
- List and describe (in order of importance) the specific tasks, assignments, level of discretionary authority and/or functions performed.
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain electrical, electronic, PLC, and Scale systems.
- Develops and executes planned maintenance programs for equipment within and supporting production areas.
- Develops and executes training for the maintenance team to insure proper skill level is maintained to support the equipment for this operation.
- Works with the Corporate Engineering controls team to plan and execute technology based projects.
- Insure compliance to Local, State and Federal safety programs and works with the facility safety team to insure plant programs meet these requirements.
- Electrical Control maintenance to include: 110v control, 4-20mA, PLC Logic, HIM adjustment
- Electrical Power maintenance to include: 480V three phase,240V and 110V
- Physical demands: Climbing including ladders, lifting, working with a variety of hand and power tools, shop machines and tools.
- Work environment: Must be able to work in areas of heat, and cold conditions.
- Minimum of High School with a Michigan Journeyman’s Electrical License.
Experience & requirements
This will need to have the following minimum requirements
- 2-3 years’ experience in an industrial production facility or trade experience preferred.
- State of Michigan Journeyman Electrical License or Master Electrical License
- Able to pass the following scale licensing tests and hold license for
- Medium Capacity Scales
- A 283, Mi Weights & Measures Law
- Handbook 44
- Proficient in controls troubleshooting
- Proficient in PLC programming and troubleshooting.
- Strong computer skills
- General knowledge of machinery in plant that applies to the industry
- Must be able to learn quickly and make good decisions
- Must be able to work in a team environment and perform a variety of duties
- Strong Electrical/Electronic aptitude
- Strong technical skills
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, both written and verbal
EOE/M/F/Veterans/Disabled and Drug Free Workplace
Please click on the link and follow the instruction below:
Click on the JBS “VIEW JOBS” – OPEN POSITIONS
Click on SELECT A LOCATION: PLAINWELL, MI
CLICK ON “SEARCH”
You will find ALL OPENINGS FOR PLAINWELL FACILITY.
Click on the POSITION you want to apply
CLICK ON APPLY