Responsible for the repairs and maintenance of machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment.
Nature & Scope-Principal Areas of Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
• Troubleshoot and repair all mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems. Maintains all plant equipment in good working order.
• Repair and/or replace all defective parts. Installs special function and structural parts in devices.
• Implement and maintain electronic Preventative Maintenance Management system to ensure all scheduled work is performed on time.
• Lubricate and clean parts.
• Start up and operate devices and machines to test performance.
• Weld and/or fabricate machines and parts when needed. Set up and operate lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
• Manages inventory in the Maintenance Shop, via electronic system. Initiate purchase orders for parts and machines.
• Identifies when outside vendor services are required. Responsible for vendor safety rules when they are on company property.
• Operate overhead crane, aerial lifts and hi-lo when needed.
• Know, understand and follow all lockout procedures.
• Must adhere to all Kerkstra Precast and MiOSHA safety rules
• Must work within attendance policy guidelines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.