Smooths and finishes surfaces of precast concrete products.
Education or Equivalent:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special Skills/Abilities Needed:
• Must be able to read blueprints
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
• Must work with a minimum of supervision and follow verbal instructions.
• Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Nature & Scope-Principal Areas of Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
• Completes final finish on poured concrete product, using power tools and hand tools.
• Smoothes, and shapes surfaces of freshly poured concrete.
• Patches and blends structural concrete, working with many different raw materials.
• Removes rough or defective spots from concrete surfaces, and patches holes with fresh concrete or epoxy compound.
• Prepares finished product for shipment, repairing DR's, chips, spalls, power washing.
• May be required to use pressure washer and/or sandblasting equipment.
• Tape and cut strand, clean burks, bag in blockouts, finish exposed side.
• Clean Yard and pick up trash.
• Must adhere to all Kerkstra and MiOSHA safety requirements.
• Must work within the attendance policy guidelines.