NEW TEMPORARY SIGN-ON BONUS $1,000:
$500 after the completion of 90 days
$300 after the completion of 6 months
$200 after the completion of 1 year
JOB TITLE: Ice Cream Technician
WORK SCHEDULE: 2nd Shift (3:00pm-11:00pm)
DAYS WORKED: Mon., Tue., Wed., Thu., Fri., Sat.
JOB STATUS: Full-Time
DETAILS: 3rd Shift, we alternate between a 5 day and 6 day production schedule.
SUMMARY: Providing safe and quality food is the job of all House of Flavors employees. The Ice Cream Technician level I (previously Production Line Attendant), an at-will employee working under the direction of the Operations Supervisor with guidance from Line Leaders, performs a variety of tasks associated with the production and packaging of ice cream and other frozen dairy desserts according to food safety and food quality policies and practices as well as general employee safety practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows established processes and procedure to place packaging components (cartons, lids, tissues) together on the finished ice cream or frozen dairy dessert product. Maintains an acceptable degree of consistency and speed in order to meet productivity and quality standards. Monitors the process, the machine(s) and the product for inconsistencies, making modifications as instructed or alerting Line Leader of inconsistencies and concerns.
- Places filled containers/cartons in boxes or trays as required to maintain an acceptable level of consistency and speed in order to meet productivity and quality standards. Observes product packaging assuring that product is sealed and wrapped consistently. Checks product code dating as required.
- Monitors conveyor or other mechanical components in a designated area to avoid production jamming and assure quality packaging.
- Performs constant clean up of work area to assure product is clean and work area is clutter free and safe. Performs clean up at the end of the shift as instructed by the supervisor.
- Effectively communicates and collaborates as a member of the Production team, learning the jobs of different work stations included in this job description, enabling the ability to rotate from job to job giving breaks or filling in when other employees are absent.
- Recognizes allergen related issues and seek to fix concerns related to the company’s allergen procedure/policy.
- Performs other duties as required, including weighing product, rewrap and/or remelt and inventory.
- Completes all other duties as assigned, including working with the Production Supervisor and other managers to enhance the overall profitability of the operation.
These are not the only duties and responsibilities that the Ice Cream Technician may be asked to perform, but it is a fair representation of the general duties that are required on a day-to-day basis.