Full Time/Part Time
Limited/No Travel Required
About the Job
The Staff Nurse –LPN participates in patient care activities and performs coordination of care which includes clinical data extraction and documentation at the direction of a registered nurse, the medical providers, behavioral health providers and/or other health care providers. All responsibilities are to be accomplished in compliance with established organizational protocols; and with federal and state regulations and requirements.
Reports to: Clinical Lead/Practice Manager
Minimum Position Qualifications
- Graduate of accredited LPN training program
- Current LPN licensure in the State of Michigan
- At least two years’ experience in medical office or similar setting preferred
- Current BLS certification
Description of Duties/Responsibilities
- Assures compliance with appropriate regulations including HIPPA, CLIA and OSHA
- Performs clinical nurse triage and appropriately documents patient interactions
- Acts as a resource for patients, staff and providers
- Initiates, maintains and follows-up transitional care visits
- Handles urgent patient requests in a timely manner
- Utilizes nursing skills to assess and handle tasks as assigned
- Initiates appropriate nursing interventions and diagnostics
- Participates in peer review and support
- Actively assists with maintaining triage protocols
- Collaborates with providers to offer comprehensive care
- Assists and provides coverage for clinical lead as needed
- Serves as a mentor and resource for clinical support staff
- Helps orientate and train new staff nurses
- Conduct one-on-one or family patient education sessions
- Perform Medicare Wellness Visits
- Maintain a physical work environment and culture that is responsive to employee and patient safety
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience Requirements
- Ability to work collaboratively in a leadership role with a strong customer-service orientation
- Ability to handle patient and organizational information in a confidential manner
- Ability to demonstrate competency with a standard desktop and Windows-based computer system, including a basic understanding of e-mail, internet and computer navigation
- Ability to use other software as required to perform essential functions of the job
- Ability to perform detailed tasks with frequent interruptions, and work prioritization
- Excellent customer service skills necessary in order to deal effectively with various levels of organizational members, outside customers, and community groups.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to comfortably interact with diverse populations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, this job description is subject to change at any time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop; kneel, crouch, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust and focus.
In the performance of the job duties, the employee will work primarily in an office environment. The noise level in this environment is usually moderate.