GST Michigan Works! is assisting a local furniture company with there Clerical Office Assistant opening.
Loves Furniture is looking for an organized, responsible clerical worker to join our growing organization. In this position, you will perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Organizational and customer service skills are a must.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Answer phones and greet customers warmly.
- Assist in filing duties.
- Perform basic bookkeeping duties.
- Reroute calls to appropriate people.
- Answer inquiries about company.
- Help organize office activities.
- Hang up company policies around the office.
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems and personal computers.
- Retrieve files for personnel.
- Apply corporate values
Knowledge, Skills, & Ability:
- Sound reasoning
- Proper time management
- Good typing skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to plan and organize events
- Good observation skills
- Active-listening skills
Education & Experience:
- Computer and general office equipment skills.
- Previous experience handling office responsibilities or experience in customer serviced preferred but not required
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.