Certified Nurse Assistant
Kresge, Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center
Status: Part-time, Qualified candidates must be available to work two 12-hour shifts per week and will be scheduled based on the needs of the department. Every other weekend and Holiday rotation is required
Shift available: 6:30pm-7:00am
Be part of an organization that values their team members and knows the importance of providing a supportive community. PLUS - Affordable and layered benefit plans for individuals that are hired for 30 or more hours/week, Voluntary benefit options (including Life Insurance) for team members hired for 16-29 hours/week, Retirement Savings Plan (with potential Company match), Wellness Reimbursement, Education Tuition Assistant, 5 STAR staff rating, Paid Time Off, 6 Paid Holidays per year PLUS a paid Floating Holiday and a paid Birthday Holiday, Employee Discounted Lunch options, DAILYPAY, and MORE!
Performs patient care activities and other tasks as assigned to assist the primary care, therapy, and health staff. Works under the direct and indirect supervision of the Nurse Manager or designee but is independent in the application of nursing knowledge and skills.
Assist residents in the following areas:
- Personal care functions including bathing, skin care, toileting, grooming, oral hygiene and dressing
- Feeding residents
- Turning and positioning residents
• Measuring and recording intake and output
• Weighing residents
• Proper transfer techniques
• Demonstrates appropriate knowledge for safe use of medical equipment
• Keep residents rooms clean and supplied
• Make and change beds
• Answer call lights and take appropriate action
• Collect and label specimens (urine, stool, sputum)
• Measure and record vital signs, weights and report variations in vital signs to the nurse
• Immediately report any changes in residents condition or incidents to the nurse
• Participate in care conferences with other members of the team as appropriate
• Maintains confidentiality in relation to all residents, healthcare staff and documentation in accordance with policy and state regulations
• Maintains and enhances skill through attending appropriate training
• Appearance is professional and complies with the dress code
• Maintains a cooperative manner towards residents, families and all members of the health care team.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. Must be currently certified as a Certified Nurse Aide in the State of Michigan
3. Minimum of 1 year of experience in a direct care role is preferred.
UMRC & Porter Hills are a federally funded program through CMS and the State of Michigan. All employees are expected to adhere to the Resident and Participant Rights. UMRC, INC. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.