Resident Care Assistant
Towsley Village, Memory Care
$2500 Retention Bonus
Status: Full-time, 80 hours bi-weekly, every other weekend and Holiday rotation is required
*Retention bonus for new team members that have not worked for UMRC & Porter Hills previously, expires 9/30/2020
Chelsea Retirement Community has a long history of leadership in innovative care for residents. The assisted living facility, Glazier Commons, features high-end amenities and top-notch service in a peaceful, maintenance-free setting. Caring staff are on-site 24/7 to provide medical care, personal care, housekeeping and other individual needs.
Join our team of compassionate and skilled staff and love what you do every day!
Benefits: Comprehensive Medical Insurance options for staff that work 30-40 hours/week, Competitive Wages with an annual increase, *Paid Birthday and Holidays, * Paid Vacation, Annual Uniform Allowance, Wellness Programming and Incentives, Free Flu Shot and HEP B series, Retirement Plan Opportunity, Onsite Cafeteria, Onsite Scrub Sale and opportunity for advancement,.
DAILYPAY - WORK TODAY! GET PAID TOMORROW!
Provide your assigned residents with routine daily assisted living care in accordance with our mission statement, established procedures, and as may be directed by your supervisors. Such care will be delivered with an emphasis on the value of providing quality customer service to all residents, family members, co-workers, volunteers, visitors and other service professionals.
Primary Job Functions
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of Resident care, procedures, and documentation
- Communicate and collaborate with co-workers at all levels to meet the needs of Residents
- Observe, monitor, and report to the DCS/Nurse Supervisor any change in condition
- Plan, lead, support and participate in meaningful activities with Residents and teammates
- Assist Residents with personal care, including:
- Dental and mouth care
- Dressing and grooming
- Hair care
- Bowel and bladder care
- Other personal and hygiene care
- Measure and record vital signs such as temperature, pulse, respiration's, weight, and height
- Assist moving, positioning and transporting Residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Use gait belt as appropriate for transfers
- Prepare, serve and clean up after breakfast of choice is made to order. Provides snacks or substitutes based on menu or requests of the Residents
- Clean up after lunch and dinner time meals.
- Make beds and change bed linens, as needed
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Desire to work with the elderly and to provide excellent care!
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a direct care role is preferred.
UMRC, INC. is a federally funded program through CMS and the State of Michigan. All employees are expected to adhere to the Resident and Participant Rights. UMRC, INC. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
The faith-based mission of the United Methodist Retirement Communities, Inc. is to promote the wellness, dignity, and independence of seniors by providing high-quality, innovative and residential and supportive services.
The faith-based mission of the United Methodist Retirement Communities Foundation is to promote the wellness, dignity, and independence of seniors by supporting the residents, staff, and communities UMRC serves.