1. High School graduate or equivalent.
2. Enjoy working with children of all ages and be sensitive to their needs.
3. Excellent moral character and personal habits.
4. Possess qualities of initiative, self-reliance and leadership.
5. Neat, clean and presentable.
6. Free from adverse effects of medication, alcohol and drugs.
7. Emotionally stable and dependable.
8. Be of good physical condition.
1. Ability to meet school bus driver certification requirements:
a. Michigan School Bus Driver Education course
b. Commercial driver exam
2. A or B Commercial driver license with passenger, air brake and S endorsements.
3. Pass State/Commercial license physical examination requirements.
4. Meet Michigan Department of Education competency levels of driving skills.
5. Meet Michigan Department of Education standards of past driving performance.
6. Meet Federal DOT drug/alcohol testing requirements.
1. Operate all types of vehicles used to transport pupils.
2. Familiarity with the geographic service area of District.
3. Knowledge of local, state and federal rules, regulations, ordinances and laws regarding
school bus operation.
4. Alert and exercises good judgment concerning emergencies, disabled vehicles and abnormal