SHAPE THE FUTURE OF MOBILITY FROM DAY ONE.
This position is part of our Signal & Power Solutions (S&PS) segment, Electrical Distribution Systems (EDS) business unit.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Wiring Components Engineer - Ford in Troy, MI (no relocation offered).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Solicit and understand design requirements from internal and customer sources
- Conduct design review meetings to ensure design agreement and customer requirements are met
- Issue and review FEA and mold flow analysis
- Conduct tolerance stack-ups
- Review/Approve dimensional reports
- Develop DVP&R and DFMEA
- Issue and review test requests
Part/Project management including but not limited to:
- Generate prototype and production timing plans for internal and external customers
- Coordinate meetings with suppliers to verify project timing is on track/met
- Issue Purchase and Design Requests
- Issue sourcing requests for production parts
- Order rapid prototypes
- Forecast & request capital spending
- Issue ECOs for official APTIV and customer drawings
- Procure indirect material for engineering development
- Issue and review RFQs
- Travel as needed
- Ensure compliance with customer specific requirements
Must Haves (Basic Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 5 + years wiring harness OR plastic and metal part design experience
- Intermediate knowledge of 3D modeling
Nice to Haves (Preferred Qualifications):
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred
- Knowledge of wiring manufacturing process
- Knowledge of elastomer design
- Experience in automotive component design
- Understanding of cost drivers for product design
- General knowledge of material sciences (stress strain, heat treating, fatigue, etc.)
- Knowledge of GD&T, DFMEA, DVP&R
- Knowledge of Component Tooling processes
- Computer skills include proficiency in MS Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Good mechanical aptitude and creative thinking skills
- Ability to work in a team environment (internal and external)
Aptiv Rewards and Advantages
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time-Off (Vacation and Parental Leave etc.)
About Signal & Power Solutions:
Signal & Power Solutions reflects the growing significance of next-generation architectures with high-speed data and electrical power distribution as the foundation necessary for future mobility. We supply "the nervous system" of the vehicle, providing the complete design, manufacturing, and assembly of vehicle electrical systems. This includes wiring harnesses, connection systems and cable management solutions.
Candidates for positions with Aptiv must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Privacy Notice - Active Candidates:
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.