Amazon is seeking a Program Manager for the Global Corporate Procurement Team in our Finance Operations organization. This position is responsible for procurement controllership and managing supplier diversity.
The Program Manager will be creative, detail driven, outgoing and have excellent problem solving and program management abilities. The Program Manager will work with other PMs and stakeholders to define requirements, assemble project teams, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resources, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects.
The Program Manager assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make trade-offs, balance the business needs vs technical constraints, and encourage risk taking behavior to maximize business benefit; will be detail driven and have excellent organizational and problem solving abilities; and should be passionate about delivering on-time solutions, and obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performing teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, continuous process improvement, and mentorship.
* Interact and build robust relationships with Project Managers and business owners.
* Foster constructive and proactive communication across organizational boundaries.
* Anticipate, create, maintain, and disseminate status roadmaps, and documentation to stakeholders.
* Identify, assess, track, and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels.
* Work with business and tech teams to meet business requirements.
* Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
* Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
* 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
* 5+ years of experience in program or project management
* 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations Management, Procurement or related field.
* 5+ years of Procurement/Purchasing experience.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.