- Directly supervises employees in the maintenance department in a manufacturing environment. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining Total Productive Maintenance ("TPM").
- Provides 24/7 support to staff and Engineering.
- Partners with and coordinates outside contractors.
- Completes site preparation for new equipment and creates new PMs for new equipment.
- Creates work orders and assign them to technicians.
- Runs downtime reports.
- Actively supports plant safety efforts through departmental participation in safety meetings and safety walks. Engages in safe practices as well as follows and enforces safety rules and job rotations.
- Assists the plant in achieving safety goals while achieving and maintaining Safe Workplace and Environmental and Sustainability objectives.
- Must be willing to report unsafe conditions/behaviors, participating in safety/ergonomic committees, safety Kaizen events, safety audits, and safety observation feedback events.
- Initiates timely investigations of all reported incident/accidents, injuries. Timely completion of all 8Ds, listing the 5 whys and identifying and documenting root causes.
Battle Creek Seating Component
Adient is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.