The successful candidate will have 8+ years of progressive experience in purchasing at well-regarded companies of similar or larger scale and complexity to Adient. This person will have a record of accomplishment in implementing category strategies and leading complex sourcing to achieve optimal value proposition for the company.
On a personal level, the successful candidate will be an individual of unquestionable integrity who enjoys operating in a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves environment. S/he will be a self-starter who is able to work independently in entrepreneurial and fast-paced environments. They will be decisive but collaborative.
The Senior Commodity Manager will be responsible for strategic sourcing for a defined sub commodity within the Complete Seat division. Experience with metals commodities is desirable; especially in the areas of stamping, fineblanking and steel. In addition, the Senior Commodity Manager is responsible to:
- Meet or exceed profit plan goals related to commodities including cost savings, economics, quality, supplier rationalization, diversity spend, working capital improvements and other key metrics
- Maintain and update weekly cost savings roadmaps with monthly reconciliation to actual results. Lead high level negotiations with suppliers for savings
- Lead Sourcing activities in coordination with costing and engineering to drive a competitive advantage for Adient with financially stable suppliers
- Manage the stampings commodity team to meet new program sourcing and cost reduction goals
- Improvement of program profitability through continuous improvement, VA/VE activities, utilization of LPP's, market testing, and leverage global sourcing
- Develop, coordinate, and steer purchasing strategies for specific commodities
- Support of proper Make vs Buy decisions
- Leverage purchases across all business units and global programs
- Ensure the cost, quality and time-oriented supply of all Adient plants with the required products in line with the respective business plans, budgets, targets and strategies
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain or related technical field. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years purchasing experience with 3-5 years in automotive industry preferred.
- Previous experience leading people preferred
- Ability to cooperate with people of different levels inside/ outside the company and to interact with team to reach team goals and business objectives
- Ability to empower others to achieve results through motivation, recognition and performance feedback
- Ability to express information in a manner appropriate to different levels of people & to lead negotiations
- Ability to recognize and respond to customer expectations with sense of urgency
- Ability to take full responsibility for decisions & results even when all elements are not under individual direct control
- Ability to set goals consistent with company objectives and to adapt plans to changing environment
- Ability to gather information, analyze data, prepare and lead negotiations as well as deliver a recommendation
- Some travel may be required
Adient is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.