Our Line of Business Overview
DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL
Job Locations US-MI-FENTON
Are you driven to serve and help others in your community? Caregivers and Direct Support Professionals (DSP) are the heart of our company with their compassion, dependability, and care.Â If you want to make an impact by helping people live their best life, read more below and apply today!
Join a team of passionate and caring people who make a difference in peopleâ€™s lives.Â We are now hiring for Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) to provide direct care to those with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Our DSPs are the STARS of our organization who provide caregiving to the people we support.Â This may be in a group home, home-like setting.Â
Essential Responsibilities/Job Duties
Performing personal care tasks, including assistance with basic personal hygiene and grooming, feeding, and ambulation, medical monitoring, and health care related tasks. Fostering positive relationships between individuals served and their housemates
- Ensuring client safety and maintaining a safe environment
- Assisting with toileting, including bedpans, urinals, and commode chairs
- Reminding/assisting client with self-administration of medications (with proper training)
- Encouraging self-help activities
- Reporting changes in client's condition or family situation to the office
- Documenting services provided
- Performing home management functions such as light housekeeping, laundry, bed making, and cleaning
- Planning meals, shopping for groceries, preparing and serving food/meals, feeding and clean-up
- Accompanying client to scheduled appointments
- Transporting clients or running errands for clients
- Other duties as assigned
About our Line of Business
- High school degree/GED requiredÂ (in most cases)
- 18 years of age or older
- Valid driver's license (in most cases)
- Ability to work in a group home, home-like settings
- Ability to communicate (verbally and written) with all levels of personnel, internal and external to the company
- Ability to handle physical aspects of job, including bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, pulling, reaching, and walking for periods of time
- Must maintain state regulatory certifications, as required by state/program requirementsÂ
- Medication Administration as required by state/program requirements
Additional Job Information
ResCare Residential Serviceshas four decades of experience in the disability services field, providing support to individuals who need assistance with daily living due to an intellectual, developmental or cognitive disability. Our community living services are provided with several thousand programs and a comprehensive range of high-quality services, including: community living, adult host homes for individuals regardless of disability, behavioral/mental health support, in-home pharmacy solutions, telecare and remote support, supported employment and training programs, foster care and day programs. Our affiliates include Brightway Community Living and A Place To Call Home, among others. For more information, please visit www.rescare.com/residential-services.
Need help finding the right job?
Paid training.Â Will train to suit.
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
Res-Care, Inc., dba BrightSpring Health Services (â€œResCareâ€), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.