Job Benefits:Medical, Pharmacy, Dental and Eye Insurance Plans; Co. Funded Life & AD&D and Short/Long-Term Disability; 401(k) Plans, Vacation, Sick Leave, Holiday, Funeral Pay, and other Incentives.
TheMaintenance Worker 1position performs preventive and corrective maintenance in the plant under management supervision.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* Completes preventive maintenance program independently as assigned.
* Assists other maintenance personnel on special fabrication or construction projects; may perform corrective maintenance on plant and equipment.
* Conducts daily greasing and oiling of plant equipment and painting.
* Replaces equipment parts with little or no direction; gearbox rebuild, piping skills, replace packing, rebuild pumps.
* Uses cutting torch, welding mild steel with stick welder, fabrication, and hydraulic repairs.
* Rewires motors and performs basic electrical work.
* Maintains clean, neat, and orderly work area at all times.
* Responsible for using assigned personal protective equipment and required safety equipment; responsible for being familiar with and observing all Company safety rules and regulations.
* Attends regularly scheduled safety meetings and may be asked to serve on Safety Committee.
* All other duties as assigned.
* High School diploma or GED.
* Experience in operating a forklift.
* Vocational school training preferred.
* Basic knowledge of general maintenance and equipment operations.
* General mechanical aptitude; possess basic 480 electric skills.
* Good math skills; add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
* Frequently required to push, pull, move or lift up to 100 lbs.
* Frequently required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl, and crouch.
* Regularly required reach with hands and arms.
* Maybe asked to travel to other plants for construction projects.
* May need to work nights and weekends.
Job functions will be carried out in a rendering facility which requires tolerance for wet and or slippery floors and high heat or cold temperatures.
Darling Ingredients Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser: HTTP://WWW1.EEOC.GOV/EMPLOYERS/UPLOAD/EEOC_SELF_PRINT_POSTER.PDF