Description: Our client, a manufacturer for the Aerospace and defense industries is seeking an experienced Aerospace Painter.
Responsibilities in this role include:
- Read and understand instructions in English
- Load/Unload parts on racking or fixtures.
- Prepare surfaces of Aerospace components to assure proper adhesion including selection and use of agents to accomplish typical operations such as removal of corrosion
- Perform rework and touchup painting, both spray and brush, per BAC specifications. Prepare the various paint materials (such as primer, enamels, lacquers, etc.) per specifications.
- Clean and service spray guns, paint tanks, brushes, hoses and related equipment after using.
- Mask and unmask required areas to facilitate corrosion removal or painting operations.
- Prepare and set up all equipment and supplies to perform work assignment.
- Operate ovens and ensure the curing and air filtering equipment are functioning and in proper mode for current process (such as oven temperature, booth pressure drop, breathing air, humidity, etc) and document as required.
- Monitor and maintain time sensitive materials/processes.
- Maintain material traceability thru the painting process
- Part mark and wrap parts/assemblies as required per specifications.
Location: Detroit, MI
Position Type: Long term, permanent, full time
Shift: 1st shift (will be moved to 2nd shift eventually 3:30pm to 12am Mon - Fri)
Pay: $25-28/hr based on previous aerospace painting experience
Qualifications: An Ideal candidate will possess the following: