Under immediate supervision, the Dispatcher schedules and dispatches service vehicles on a pre-set route for conveyance of materials at various customer locations. The role ensures accuracy of order information and coordinates completion of services applying highest standards of customer service. It provides information and support to the Environmental Specialists. The Dispatcher also monitors compliance with company policies and federal and state regulations. The job interfaces frequently with clients, peers, and managers.
Key Job Activities:
1. Dispatch service vehicles to appropriate locations, according to customer requests, specifications, or needs.
2. Handle daily routes for the MAI group. Monitor truck locations and utilization in order to coordinate service and schedules. Update routes to include new customers, reroute scheduled visits, and dispatch drivers for extra or missed pick-ups, based on daily communication.
3. Communicate with customers within assigned territories to obtain or relay work order and schedule details. Inform Client Services team when complex type of issues needs be escalated.
Confer with customers to address questions and problems. Troubleshoot and resolve potential problems within prescribe guidelines.
4. Perform order quality control â€“ preview orders to ensure all required data is available, identify missing information.
5. Resolve, report, and escalate, as appropriate, issues, accidents or injuries, safety concerns, vehicle condition concerns, concerns about customer site.
6. Utilize the CRM system to initiate unresolved customer and team member cases - assess priority and identify appropriate support team member.
7. Conduct daily driver debrief on schedules and reschedules, traffic, or weather conditions using a standard operating procedures (SOPs) - review assignment completion, confirm completion and submission of required forms and documentation, review next workdayâ€™s scheduled work and routes.
Complete consolidated manifests for trailer shipments.
8. Enter 3rd Party Hauler order and paperwork upon approval by the Transportation Supervisor/Manager.
Review Driversâ€™ data submitted via an electronic logbook to ensure compliance with DOT regulations for hours of service and other compliance requirements, verify information and notify Transportation Supervisor or Manager of any violations.
9. Compile Daily Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR) for company vehicles. Coordinate preventative vehicle maintenance of company and leased vehicles.
10. Prepare and forward Vehicle Condition Report (VCR) to Transportation Supervisor/Manager for truck maintenance requests.
11. Keep track of vehicle inventory based on repairs and maintenance needed.
12. Assist drivers with handheld/printer use. Ensure handheld entry back-up to mobile hub.
13. Resolve/escalate issues related to handhelds/mobile hub.
14. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Education: in High School or Equivalent
Certifications and/or Licenses:
The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job or person. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws.To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.
It is the policy of Stericycle, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, to hire the best qualified people available without regard to race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, religion, status with regard to public assistance, order of protection status, disability, or veteran status.