SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor â€” supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States â€” as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, we deliver "what our guests want, when they want it â€“ fast and friendly." We take pride in service excellence and enjoy providing a great customer experience. There are many retail employers, but not all offer a place where you can learn, grow and thrive. Thatâ€™s why SpartanNash is a cut above the rest.
This position is located in Albion.
A day in the life of a Customer Service Lead is never the same but, in this role, you would expect to provide and maintain a high standard of customer service in the store's front end operations; to supervise and direct all front end activities in absence of the Customer Service Manager and operations to ensure that the work shifts at the front end contribute to the financial best interests of the store.
What Youâ€™ll Do:
- Accurately perform all transactions; cash, checks, debit/credit/EBT cards, ID requirements, over rings, credits, suspended orders, refunds, bottle returns, vendor coupons, gift certificates, lottery ticket sales, Western Union, Ticket Master, and all other media in accordance with policies.
- Ensure that return-to-stock items are handled in a prompt and orderly manner with the most immediate attention given to perishable items.
- Knowledgeable of product locations in the store and up to date on Ad items, special prices, coupon deals or other features that apply to the store's sales program.
- Train others to perform all department activities and functions.
- Manage the selection, scheduling, and supervision of others to meet or exceed departmental productivity levels.
Sound Like You? Hereâ€™s what youâ€™ll need:
- 0 to 2 years of Supervisor Experience
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and interpret documents
- Accounting/Bookkeeping/Budgeting and Financial skills
- Delegate/Direct and Implement
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. !
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer â€“ minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.