SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor â€” supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States â€” as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, we deliver "what our guests want, when they want it â€“ fast and friendly." We take pride in service excellence and enjoy providing a great customer experience. There are many retail employers, but not all offer a place where you can learn, grow and thrive. Thatâ€™s why SpartanNash is a cut above the rest.
This position is located in Clio.
A day in the life of a Center Store Manager is never the same but, in this role, you would expect to lead the day to day activities of the center store operations in retail, ensuring the center store, stocking, clean team, etc. areas are fully staffed, trained and operating to company standards.
What Youâ€™ll Do:
- Responsible to order and maintain inventory in the center store departments (i.e. grocery, dairy, frozen, General Merchandise/Health and Beauty care) while utilizing inventory control procedures to ensure product freshness and quality.
- Manage a team that completes all center store stocking, to ensure product quality protection, accuracy, and date sensitive rotation, ensure all spoiled/damaged products are handled per established guidelines.
- Maintain familiarity with all products carried in the department. Know the ad items, special prices, coupon deals or other features that apply to the store's sales program.
- Implements and maintains work schedules, labor control and payroll expense control programs for the department.
Sound Like You? Hereâ€™s what you would need:
- High School Diploma (Preferred) or GED
- One (1) year of Supervisory Experience/Two (2) years of retail experience preferred
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and interpret documents
- Accounting/Bookkeeping/Budgeting and Financial skills
- Delegate/Direct and Implement
May be required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds frequently. The associate is frequently required to sit/stand/walk. May be required to travel. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a typical retail store environment (varied temperatures) and is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee will be exposed to refrigerated/freezer coolers on a frequent basis. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. !
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer â€“ minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.