SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor â€” supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States â€” as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, we deliver "what our guests want, when they want it â€“ fast and friendly." We take pride in service excellence and enjoy providing a great customer experience. There are many retail employers, but not all offer a place where you can learn, grow and thrive. Thatâ€™s why SpartanNash is a cut above the rest.
This position is located in the Greater Grand Rapids area.
A day in the life of an Assistant Store Director is never the same but, in this role, you would expect to lead the day to day activities of an individual retail store in conjunction with, or in the absence of, the Store Director, ensuring all departments are fully staffed, trained and operating to company standards. Cultivate a positive, high performing, and customer focused, store culture through effective leadership. Responsible to assist with monitoring all financial aspects of the store, maintaining the physical location, and communicating and executing the corporate plans.
What Youâ€™ll Do:
- Assist the store director with overall retail store management including staffing, training, performance management and career development of associates, and developing and monitoring department goals. Also, to include maintaining work schedules, labor control and store payroll.
- Responsible to assist with the overall profit and loss financial performance of the store to including budgeted sales, gross profit and controllable expenses.
- Maintains constant follow-up with sub department managers to ensure budgeted sales, gross profit and controllable expense goals are being achieved. Assist sub department managers with interpreting data and creating plans to achieve department goals.
- Coordinates store activities to ensure successful operations and compliance as measured by various checks and audits (Safety/Food Safety, Human resources, Merchandising, Loss Prevention, Department of Labor, OSHA, etc.).
- Oversee that the corporate Merchandising and Inventory programs are followed by the departments and partner with corporate business partners as needed to ensure that operations and merchandising standards are fully communication and followed.
Sound Like You? Hereâ€™s what youâ€™ll need:
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Three (3) years of retail grocery environment and (1) year of supervisory skills
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and interpret documents
- Accounting/Bookkeeping/Budgeting/Financial skills
- Delegate/Direct and Implement
May be required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The associate is frequently required to sit/stand/walk. May be required to travel. While performing the duties of this position, the associate is subject to a typical office environment and is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment varies; office setting may be low to moderate; distribution center setting may be moderate to high.
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. !
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer â€“ minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.