Join the family... that's how we feel about the Trendway team. We have been creating beautiful workspaces for over 50 years. We take pride in building beautiful products that create better places for people to work and enjoy. We’re committed to delivering them in a better way – with remarkable quality, speed and ease.
This position is responsible for engineering design and support for process development and improvement for products manufactured at Trendway Corporation. Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively to facilitate the completion of project tasks within published deadlines and cost targets. Has a working knowledge of industry performance, process and equipment capability across many different processes, and applicable federal, state, and internal safety standards. Will manage a diverse and multi-faceted workload, across several different projects that may be active simultaneously. Must be dedicated to the principles of Lean and Continuous Improvement, and actively seek and implement solutions that help to improve quality, process, cost, safety, and performance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops new manufacturing processes for new product, using CI and Lean methodology; conferring with Product Development, Product Engineering and/or Equipment manufacturers; ensuring product/production needs are met.
- Evaluates current manufacturing processes to improve efficiencies using CI and Lean methodology as well as analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements and equipment layout. Prioritizing projects through use of customer feedback, RMA data, install trip reports, defined ROI, etc. Conferring with proper personnel within and outside of Trendway.
- Define improvements working with department managers, observing and conferring with operators and meeting with equipment manufacturers; providing guidance during implementation verifying expected outcome/ROI is met.
- Studying product requirements, through research, design, modification and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; providing report outs to proper personnel.
- Assures product and process quality by designing test methods; testing finished product and process capabilities, establishing standards and confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor and materials costs; reviewing productions schedules and estimating future requirements.
- Manages multiple projects, meeting deadlines and providing updates to proper departmental managers, directors, etc.
- Complies with all applicable government regulations and other regulatory organization requirements such as ISO, BIFMA, UL, etc., including maintaining internal safety standards.
- Maintains plant-level drawing(s) showing all fixed assets utilized in manufacturing products.
- Is an expert in several different manufacturing operations. At a minimum, must have a thorough understanding of CNC programming/processing, woods processing/equipment, adhesives and application systems, ergonomic best practices, and welding.
? Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering.
? Proficient use of 2D CAD software (AutoCad preferred)
? Must be able to read, understand and detail/develop blueprints and drawings in accordance with corporate standards.
? Must have excellent organizational skills with an ability to set priority for technical task-level items as part of a project team member.
? Must be able to understand, read, write, and communicate clearly and proficiently in the English
? Demonstrates compliance to all company policies and guidelines as well as governmental
regulations the business is required to follow.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms, stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
The employee is required to use close vision, color vision and depth perception on a regular basis.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but can be moderately noisy if employee enters production areas.
Trendway Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity