When you feel connected to your work, you feel more engaged. At Haworth, you'll find a culture of collaboration and innovation that provides our members meaningful work and development opportunities.
HAWORTH is a global leader in office furniture and architectural interiors. As a valued member of our team, you'll become an integral part of a family-owned organization, where your contributions truly matter.
We are currently looking for Machine Operators to join our team on 1st Shift in Big Rapids, Michigan!
Here at Haworth, our members enjoy the following benefits from their first day of employment:
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- 401K & company match
- Paid vacation
- Bonus opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Opportunity for overtime (Paid at time and a half)
As a Machine Operator, you will:
Perform and have primary responsibility for machine operations in multiple work centers as required, including, but not limited to, setting up, adjusting, and operating various machines/equipment, including welding machines. Produce quality (as defined by Haworth quality standards) parts per blueprints, product orders, and engineering specifications, within tolerance. Perform necessary quality checks, practice machine preventive maintenance, and perform general utility work to meet work schedule.
Do you have these required qualifications?
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent work experience (equivalent work experience defined as three years manufacturing experience equals one year of formal education)
- 2 years manufacturing experience OR 1 year of Haworth experience OR must be Certified Machine Operator from accredited education/vocational facility OR (if current temporary worker/RLP at Haworth) three-square certified as a machine operator
- Ability to lift/move product weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and holidays as needed
- Current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Ability to work in Big Rapids, MI without relocation assistance
Do you have these preferred qualifications?
- Prior machine operation experience
- Current or previous Haworth manufacturing experience
Ideally, you have also demonstrated the following:
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
At Haworth, we have a strong set of values that guide our business and help us align with our customers.
We listen to our Customers. Wea rely on our Members. We honor Integrity. We embrace Continuous Learning. We lead with Design. We create Value. We work to make the World better.
Join the Haworth family. Apply for this job, or learn more about the many possibilities at Haworth, at www.Haworth.com/Careers.
It is the policy of Haworth to comply with all applicable state, provincial, and federal laws prohibiting discrimination in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, or any other protected classification.
This organization participates in E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nearest Major Market: Grand Rapids
Job Segment: Welding, Equipment Operator, Industrial, Machinist, Facilities, Manufacturing, Operations
As an EEO/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicantâ€™s race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, other protected group status, or any other basis protected by the laws where we employ people.