Eisenhower Center is a Traumatic Brain Injury rehabilitation facility. Eisenhower Center is seeking motivated and dynamic individuals for our Woodshop Project Leader position. As a Woodshop, you will work with our diverse clientele who have all acquired a traumatic brain injury. As a result of their injuries, our clients have a wide range of needs. It is important to assist our clients in any aspect of rehabilitation and care that they may require. Your interactions with our clients can be some of the most valuable components of their rehabilitation process. You can be the difference in changing one life at a time!
Do you enjoy a challenging environment, with fantastic coworkers, and enjoy seeing those with disabilities become self-sufficient? Then this is the opportunity to join a phenomenal team of professionals who care deeply for our clients. Eisenhower Center is recognized for the fantastic work we do in the rehabilitation arena.
- Valid Michigan driverâ€™s license and insurable
- Must have previous woodworking experience
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Willing to work in all weather conditions
- Experience in rehabilitations and/or behavioral programming is preferred
- Good communication skills
- Ability to give directives in a positive, effective manner, as well as follow directives
- Good problem solving, communication (both written and verbal), and organizational skills
- Planning and implementation of metalworking and CNC router projects
- General knowledge of tool and equipment safety (MIG, TIG, Stick and plasma cutting)
- Maintain and update metal shop project and production logs
- Preventative maintenance on equipment
- Foster a safe, caring and productive work environment
- Work in tandem with other project leaders on multi-department projects
- Cost analysis for metalworking products
Eisenhower Center is an EEO employer â€“ Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories â€“ and is a 2019 Bronze Veteran-Friendly Employer, Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency.Â Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Eisenhower Center endeavors to make this website accessible to any and all users.Â If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (734) 677-0070.Â This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Equal Opportunity Employer â€“ minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.