CAD Designer - 12605
Dematic Corp. has a need for a CAD Designer at our Grand Rapids, Michigan office in our Global Project Engineering group. The successful candidate will have experience working in the material handling industry.
General function and primary objective
* The primary responsibility for the CAD Designer is to participates in the electrical design of complex controls systems by working with members of the engineering team. They provide support through the creation of drawings (electrical physical layouts, schematics, and bills of material), while ensuring that applicable codes (UL508A) are being met.
Job Family Responsibilities
* Completes complex drawings to comply with engineering requirements.
* Completes the creation of complex design layouts and detail drawings of complex products.
* Performs compilation of materials and specification sheets.
* Performs dimension/specification determinations necessary on complex drawings for effective manufacturing and installation.
* Prepares the drawings for the designs of cost-effective, complex products with adherence to applicable industry and customer standards/specifications.
* Performs review of complex engineering drawings and supporting documents for adherence to department/industry drafting standards.
* Performs complex and technically demanding work within technical or paraprofessional setting.
* Effectively identifies problems as they occur and takes appropriate steps to solve them in situations where the problem is more difficult and complex.
* Able to solve common or simple problems without escalation. Involves others for complex, unusual problems.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity