At Genisys Credit Union, we value our employees whoareessential to our ongoing growth and success as a financial institution of choice. We are currently seeking motivated candidates for a Financial Advisor position.
This Financial Advisor position is located within a credit union location. The Financial Advisor is responsible for
providing financial planning, financial advice and investment management to serve the needs of the Credit
Union's members. The Financial Advisor assesses the member's investment portfolio, financial objectives, and
provides guidance to the member on successfully achieving those objectives.
Job Duties (include but not limited to):
- Meet with members to review their existing financial situation and to establish the client/planner relationship.
Analyze the member's investment portfolio and recommend an asset allocation and specific plan to meet established
- Develop, recommend and implement an investment strategy suggesting specific investments and insurance products,
for client approval, including: separately managed investment accounts, mutual funds, annuities, equities, fixed
income investments, corporate and tax-exempt bonds, life insurance, etc. The advisor will continue to monitor these
recommendations to meet the client's needs over time.
- Maintains an ongoing client relationship by conducting periodic reviews with each client on a scheduled and as
- Collaborate with all departments of the credit union to create a team environment and to meet member's needs. This
includes referring members to other areas, as appropriate. Provides feedback to referring individuals and
departments on the status of the referral.
- Generate additional referrals from personal networking, seminars, and presentations to community groups, including
but not limited to: CPA's, attorneys and other centers of influence.
- Keeps abreast of new planning tools, products and resources, changing regulatiwons and professional standards
- Understanding and complying with all aspects of Credit Union and Cetera policies and practices, including laws and
regulations governing the duties and responsibilities of investment sales.
- Maintaining all necessary licenses and registrations as required, including completing all mandatory training and
industry-related continuing education in a timely manner
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 (Required)
- FINRA Series 65, or 66, preferred or willing to obtain shortly after hire
- State Life & Health Insurance license of state where applying
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in accounting, finance or a related field of study preferred.
- 2+ years of related sales experience and/or financial services experience. Experience within financial institutions is preferred.
- Strong sales, marketing, and business development skills
- The desire and intrinsic motivation to meet or exceed goals
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills
Effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, and with various levels of
- constituents within the credit union.
- Ability to operate a PC, calculator, telephone, and related financial software
Education and Training Opportunities:
- Award-winning wealth management and advisory platforms, comprehensive broker-dealer and registered investment
advisor services, practice management support and innovative technology via Cetera Advisor Networks
- Our advisor orientation and training provides you an overview of all the tools and services available
- In-person, online, and self-guided training on the breadth of our SmartWorks technology platform
- Access to dedicated sales support teams
- A clear transition plan and timeline so you know what to expect, and when
- Assistance with account transfers and paperwork, and frequent updates on their status
- An introduction to our vast marketing resources, so you can start using them with current and prospective clients and
- Vacation and Paid Time Off
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, & Short Term/Long Term Disability Available
- Paid Tuition to $5000 per year
- Bereavement Pay
- Holiday pay at 8 hours per observed holiday
- Free Financial Planning Assistance
- 401k up to 3% match and 5% Profit Share