TouchPoint, Support Services, provides customer focused support services. As specialists, we perform services including healthcare housekeeping, management in laundry processing, patient transportation, and food service. TouchPoint is a compilation of the most committed and talented individuals working in the industry today. Our dedication to quality, exceptional customer service, and unequivocal results allow us to provide the best outcomes to our clients.
We are seeking a PRN Diet Technician to join our Nutrition Team to work in an acute care setting in Saginaw, MI. 8-16 hours per week, but will vary as needed to cover weekend AM or PM shifts and/or weekly PM shifts.
Under the direction of the Clinical Nutrition Manager or Supervisor, the Diet Technician will provide nutrition care such as data collection, nutrition screening, and implementation of the Dietitian’s nutrition care plan and contribute to patient satisfaction by adhering to TouchPoint Support Services patient satisfaction program.
- May conduct nutrition screening using a validated nutrition screening tool or other facility screening tools per policy.
- Assists Dietitians with patient data collection such as food and nutrition history, client history, biochemical data, medical tests and procedures and anthropometric measurements.
- Assists with modified menu planning based on current diet manual in collaboration with the Clinical Nutrition Manager or Supervisor.
- Assists patients in completing menu selections in compliance with prescribed diet, as assigned by Dietitian. Offers alternatives to menu as allowed on prescribed diet in accordance with food allergies or sensitivities, cultural, ethnic and religious preferences, when patient inquires or needs additional selections.
- Provides basic nutrition education to patients.
- Communicates patient care and food service matters to the department.
- Documents nutrition care provided to patients in the medical record, under the direction of the Registered Dietitian.
- Complies with regulatory standards, including federal, state and accrediting agencies and adheres to facility confidentiality, HIPAA regulations and patient rights policies.
- Participates in facility-wide departmental Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement (QAPI) Programs.
- Participates in and attends departmental meetings, staff development and professional programs, as appropriate.
- Complies with all policies and procedures of the facility, TouchPoint Support Services and Compass Group, as appropriate.